The SolarCity team is smart, dedicated to our clients, open minded, fun and composed of the solar and renewable energy industry’s best talent. If you want to join a rapidly growing, award-winning, pre-public company with plenty of opportunities for upward mobility, we invite you to apply to SolarCity.
The Regional Sales Manager will report to the Regional Sales Director and will manage a team of Outside Energy Consultants at SolarCity. He or she will be responsible for hiring, training, coaching, mentoring and delivering required targets, working cross functionally with other departments and prioritizing team work load. The ideal candidate will have experience from a solar or renewable energy company, have stellar communication skills, and be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
• Mentor and coach a team of Outside Energy Consultants to exceed sales goals
• Run weekly sales reports to track regional sales trends and productivity.
• Develop recommendations for organizational and process improvements to ensure efficient selling practices
• Manage and prioritize daily work load
• Conduct weekly team meetings
• Prepare and present weekly forecast to Regional Sales Director.
• Manage the administrative process of the sales team, to ensure documentation is obtained and submitted promptly to the rebate and incentive and interconnection departments
• Coach on Software including SalesForce, SolarCity Sketchup, Google Earth
• Work with the recruiting team to screen and hire new team-members
• Recognize outstanding performers and mentor those who are not delivering required targets
• Liaise with the Regional Sales Director, Sales Operations, and Marketing team on lead volume and quality
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 2 years sales management experience required
• Effective demonstration of sales process, able to identify buying criteria, eliminate objections, and develop solutions to close the sale.
• Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills
• Knowledge of the solar industry is a bonus; experience in a high tech, construction, or renewable energy company highly preferred
• Experience in a fast-paced, customer facing environment
• Ability to organize, prioritize and effectively multi-task daily and meet deadlines
• Assertive, confident and clear communicator – via e-mail, phone and face-to-face
• Excellent PC aptitude including CRM skills and Google applications
• Highly proficient with desktop applications such as Adobe Acrobat Professional, MS Office, and Internet Explorer including an ability to learn new IT systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• Excellent customer service skills required
• Frequent travel within the Region and to San Mateo (HQ)
• Clean DMV driving record (example, no DUIs in the last 5 years).
• All candidates must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background and drug screen.
• Motivated to earn $150k+
• Paid training with the nation’s leader in solar power and energy efficiency
• Company car and smart phone provided
• Full benefits including health, vision, dental insurance
• 401k plan and pre-public stock options
• Career path opportunities for top performers
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
SolarCity - 2 years ago
SolarCity Delivers Better Energy
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners,...