Regional Sales Manager
Region: East Coast: New Jersey
There is a truly exciting opportunity for you to lead the development of new business with a blue-chip customer, operating on the cutting edge of wireless technology, deployment, and innovation. If you are a driven, highly-skilled and motivated person, who thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment and enjoys finding, developing, and earning new business then this may be a great fit for you!
• Create, develop, manage, and close sales directly or through channel partners
• Create a plan to ensure extensive penetration into the accounts within the territory
• Understand complex customer requirements on both a business and technical level
• Continue to identify new partnerships and evaluate the performance of existing ones
• Maintain close relationships with exiting partners in the region
• Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets
• Collaborate with cross functional teams including Product Management and Product Marketing
• Engage marketing team to drive marketing programs, tools, incentives, and activities that benefit our partners
The compensation package for this position includes a salary, commission, car allowance, bonuses along with a strong benefits package
Spirent Communications is where the world’s leading communications companies turn when they need to accelerate their time-to-market for next-generation communication systems. In fact, every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent's test systems as the benchmark. We are continually recognized by customers, industry, press, and technology associations for our innovative thinking and our ground-breaking products. The communications market has untapped potential. The boundaries of how fast, far, and accurately voice and data can be transmitted have yet to be reached, or even defined. Spirent solutions are paving the way for tomorrow’s communications.
The atmosphere at Spirent is innovative, creative, and technically challenging. We are always looking for new employees with exceptional abilities, vision, and commitment levels to join our team.
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated people—and be a part of an industry-leading company that's helping to revolutionize communications technologies—this is your opportunity. Our focus on employee satisfaction stems from a core belief that market-leading products start with one thing: market-leading people. At Spirent, we offer more than jobs, we offer unique career opportunities. We can do this because we are large enough to encompass a breadth of possibilities, while being small enough for you to be noticed and recognized. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
• Education experience requires Bachelors, Masters preferred, ideally in a technical field (BSEE or similar) and a minimum of five years of direct sales and/or product management experience
• Prior exposure to Test & Measurement solutions
• Familiarity with data and wireless communications principles and network technologies (LTE, GSM, UMTS, CDMA, 1XRTT, VoIP)
• Subject expertise with RF channel fading characteristics
• Strong understanding of the North American telecommunications applications and markets and familiarity with subscriber services such as voice, data, and video
• Proven ability and track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
• Excellent communication and presentations skills, both written and verbal
• Thought Leadership and Innovative thinking
• Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills with a Strong Teamwork Ethic
• Proven Ability to Build Sound Client Relationships
• Ability to Manage a Wide Variety of Tasks and Work under Pressure
• Proactive and Goal Oriented
• Bright, Energetic, and Driven
• Solid Problem Solving Skills, Decision Making and use of Initiative
• Ability to travel an appropriate level to adequately cover Spirent’s customer base