Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
This Regional Sales Manager, International Air Freight is based in Torrance, CA will be an integral part of our USA Regional Account team assuming a leadership role in the promotion and development of international forwarding products: air import/export and customs house brokerage. Will represents Yusen at key industry seminars and conferences nationally and globally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· To support business within a region in joint efforts to obtain new accounts, as well as maintain and service present accounts.
· To conduct Regional Sales Meetings with Branch Managers and sales staff.
· Accountable for the major multi-national accounts within a specified region and all sales quotations and bids.
· Negotiates rates with airlines.
· Is responsible for budgeted sales dollars (expenses) and for planning capital expenditures i.e., promotional literature.
· May develop sales presentations and promotional materials.
· Develops standard operating procedures for major accounts.
· Reporting monthly import and export sales activity to Senior Management.
· Requires daily coordination with operations to ensure proper service to customers.
· Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and to assist sales staff. Plans and directs sales activities at the regional level.
· Abides by ISO 9002 quality systems and procedures and TSA or other security requirements
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus six or more years’ related experience in freight forwarding industry, specifically selling transportation of air cargo, logistics, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of six years outside sales experience, including international sales experience, air cargo specifically.
Complete knowledge of overseas operations and regulations.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 24 months ago