Function Sales Operations Site / Location of Position US - Somerset, NJ Legal Entity Nissan North America, HQ and Regions (NMC) Posting Description
Regional Sales Operations Manager
Life at Nissan encompasses everything that inspires both the quality of our vehicles and the quality of our people. Company-wide, you'll find fast learners and self-starting engines as well as people who are quick to embrace change and take an idea into overdrive.
Nissan is currently seeking a dynamic individual to fill an opening for a Regional Sales Operations Manager at our Nissan Regional office in Somerset, NJ.
Assists in the coordination of regional sales activities, including sales planning and forecasting. Acts as an interface between dealer operations managers, regional management, and national sales operations. Expedites sales incentives programs and handles requests for analysis and reporting of sales-related information.
Contributes to building brand value and achieving enduring profitable growth.
The following job function statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
1. Coordinates the tracking of sales-related information including retail sales, wholesale assignments, and accessory sales. Analyzes and reports sales information to national management, regional management, and regional staff. Provides sales analysis to regional management regarding evaluation of sales programs, market conditions, and the sales activities of competitors.
2. Coordinates sales training programs for dealership personnel. Coordinates Corporate Training Office activities; arranges vendor services for special training programs. Communicates with dealership personnel regarding training opportunities directly and through periodic written communications.
3. Provides back-up support for regional markets when a Dealer Operations Manager position is vacant or when a DOM is on vacation or ill.
4. Manages special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis for regional and national management.
5. Designs, proposes, communicates, and manages sales incentives programs. Develops program rules, provides regular reports on progress toward goals and communicates final results.
6. Organizes Dealer Operations Managers sales meetings. Coordinates dealer meetings and dealer incentive trip awards. Interfaces with hotels and travel companies regarding meeting arrangements and award trips.
7. Management Accountabilities:
Has nonexempt through journey-level exempt subordinates or contractors. Supervises and provides leadership, coaching, guidance, training and staff development; interviews and selects unit employees; plans and evaluates employee performance; recommends merit increases, transfers and promotions; counsels and disciplines employees as necessary; recommends termination when appropriate; and monitors time and attendance of subordinates.
The following qualification statements reflect the minimum skills and abilities required of the qualified applicant.
1. Job Knowledge and Skill: Extensive knowledge of regional and dealer sales operations. Communications and Interpersonal skills. Additional competencies include: performance management; detail-oriented; analytical skills; results orientation.
2. Experience: Ten or more years of directly related professional-level experience, including regional/national experience in sales and marketing; direct dealer contact experience (DOM, DPSM, Audit, FSM, Retail).
3. Supervisory Experience: Two or more years in a full supervisory role, providing leadership, coaching, guidance and training and contributing to staff development.
4. Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
5. Computer Skills: Working knowledge of word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, or mainframe applications to produce non-standard, creative products.
1. Travel: Approximately 20% day and overnight travel.
NISSAN - 2 years ago
Nissan Motor gets where it's going in North America through Nissan North America. With plants in the US and Mexico, Nissan North...