The Regional Sales Specialist provides effective telephone sales and territory management support for the New York City territory. This position is based in the Boston office.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Work with the Regional Vice President in the implementation and execution of the territory marketing and sales plan.
- Spend approximately 75-80% of time initiating sales calls to financial professionals in order to promote and sell Pioneer products.
- Contact representatives after Regional Vice President Visits to provide additional information, obtain feedback about the meeting and utilize needs based selling techniques to inquire about additional product needs.
- Notify representatives of product/fund inquiries generated from their shareholders through our cross-selling activities.
- Develop new prospects and maintain existing relationships in order to increase sales in the territory.
- Facilitate and participate in meetings with representatives who visit our Boston office.
- Facilitate conference calls between branch offices and Pioneer’s investment staff through designated channels.
- Coordinate planning of broker dealer meetings, seminars, conference calls and necessary meetings involving external financial professionals, Portfolio Managers and all levels of management within the Distribution organization.
- Prepare and provide hypothetical investment reports and research to Regional Vice President in order to generate new business in the territory.
- Monitor and analyze daily sales reports to ensure accuracy and to inform Regional Vice President of activities in the territory.
- Provide inbound phone queue coverage, as necessary, responding to product, sales and marketing questions presented by representatives calling the department’s inbound 800 number.
- Rely on extensive industry knowledge and experience in order assist the wholesaler in achieving established sales goals for the territory.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years equivalent work
- Series 7 and 66 required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint desired
- Knowledge of the financial marketplace including, but not limited to: stocks, bonds, International investing, currency, etc.
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Flexible with work schedule
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Some nights and weekends and some travel required
Pioneer Investments - 22 months ago