We are searching for a Regional Service Manager to oversee the six to seven Northern California properties. In brief summary, the Regional Service Manager is responsible for performing a multitude of tasks including A/C work, major plumbing and electrical repairs, training maintenance staff, and other duties as assigned. This position is responsible to go between designated properties as needed in the Sacramento and Bay Areas. This position does not have a routine schedule and is expected to travel via car 60% – 75%.
Successful applicants will have a well-rounded background in plumbing, HVAC, electrical and appliance maintenance with previous experience as a Maintenance Supervisor in Property Management. Additionally, the ideal Regional Service Manager will have strong organizational and time management skills both on and off the computer, good decision making abilities and excellent customer service.
All team members at Carmel Partners, Inc. are expected to act as compelling representatives of the Company and champions of our Mission & Values.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overall operation, licensing and preventative maintenance on air conditioning units and water heaters at all properties within the portfolio.
- Works with Community Managers and Maintenance Supervisors on projects and workload to get the required tasks completed in a successful and timely manner. This includes hands on involvement, troubleshooting on routine maintenance problems which may involve electrical, drywall, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, or other mechanical equipment.
- Ensure that the portfolio is getting the most cost efficient superior service for all mechanical services, routine maintenance services and supplies.
- Evaluate maintenance turnover procedures and recommend and ensure consistency with materials, supplies, final product and cost reduction.
- Ensure that all mechanical equipment is maintained and in compliance with safety regulations regarding operational procedures and upkeep. This includes but is not limited to asbestos containing materials, lead based paint guidelines and AMG guidelines.
- Responsible for the supervision of maintenance staff during the absense of their Maintenance Supervisor,. This includes handling emergency situations as needed (ie. floods, leaks, pipe ruptures, snow and ice removal, IAQ/AMG remediation).
- Serves in on-call rotation for assigned properties.
- Reports any safety issues or property concerns to the Regional Vice President.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of pertinent laws, EPA, and OSHA regulations governing proper storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and refrigerants.
- Conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g. OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
- Obtains outside bids from contractors for current and future property needs.
- Oversees outside contractors and ensures they meet the level of thoroughness and detail expected.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Managing Others :
- Assist Maintenance Supervisors in training and directing the career development of the Maintenance Teams.
- Ensure the Maintenance Teams provide superior service to the residents.
- Ensure the Maintenance Teams provide service and support to all Carmel properties.
- Maintain that all Maintenance staff is in compliance with the Carmel Standard.
Candidates for this Position should hold the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate the following abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
Qualifications (Skills – technical and non-technical):
- High School Diploma required
- HVAC Certification required
- 3 rd Class Chief Engineer’s License
- 3+ years experience with basic electrical, plumbing, drywall, and carpentry
- Previous experience/responsibilities for financial planning and management (maintenance or construction related) is a plus
- Ability to travel via car 60%-75%
- Demonstrable computer abilities, Windows (Word and Excel), Internet and email, and other, relevant applications
- Previous experience with Property Management Operating and Information systems required
- Self starter with strong supervisory skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to drive others toward maximum customer satisfaction
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to influence others
- Good negotiation skills
- Proficient in apartment maintenance, specifically working with boilers, chillers, plumbing, flooring, electrical, drywall, painting, appliances, repair, and life safety equipment
WORKING CONDITIONS (physical, vision, hearing, speaking, mental, driving requirements / work environment):
- Travel (car and/or airplane)
- Exposed to excessive noise
- Around moving machinery/equipment
- Exposed to variation in temperature &/or humidity
- Exposed to dust, fumes, gases, and chemicals
- Drives motorized equipment
- Walks on uneven ground
- Works in confined quarters
- Works in an elevated work site
- Contact with water/liquids
- Uses special visual or auditory protective
- Must carry/lift loads of over 50 lbs
- Frequent sitting and walking
- Repetitive use of computer, keyboard, mouse and phone
- Constant reading, comprehending, writing, performing calculations, communicating orally, reasoning & analyzing
- Occasional squatting, bending neck/waist, twisting neck/waist, pushing and pulling