Under the supervision and guidance of the Director of the Healthy Development Services (HDS) Program, provides daily operational management of the HDS program through oversight of all site personnel and services, in conjunction and coordination with project partners and other collaborators.
- Assisting in facilitating integration of Department programs and services,reinforcing use of FHCSD resources.
- Attends all required meetings, or those assigned by Director, to include Quarterly All Contractors’ Meeting, Operations meeting of Leads, workgroups (e.g., Behavior, PESE, and CC). Facilitates or assists with planning and presenting for other meetings, i.e., MDT, general staff meetings, meetings with partners and sub-contractors, etc.
- Conducts all personnel HR actions, including interviewing, hiring, training/coaching, and corrective actions. Effectively supervises site/department staff, including providers and support staff; provides effective counseling and guidance to employees. . Provides oversight and assistance to other staff stationed at site. Provides accurate assessments of employee’s skills and executes evaluations on schedule.
- Coordinates program and other meetings in order to ensure implementation of center policies and consistency with health center’s goals. Fosters an environment that promotes development and professional growth of employees.
- Coordinates staff time off, planning and providing for coverage as needed. Facilitates and oversees staff productivity, coordinates implementation of weekly productivity reports. Maximizes output from subordinates through an effective, supportive management style.
- Ensures that data QA is completed according to the timeline established by the internal Evaluation team and that required data submissions are successfully completed. for the Region. Functions as back up for the Data Manager and is able to run all QA reports necessary for quarterly submissions; responds to H&C and First 5 requests in a timely manner when required.
- Ensures that HDS program guidelines are followed. Conducts quality assurance activities, including ensuring First Five’s mandate of no duplication or supplantation e.g., reviews roster of referrals, current clients; ensures that clients with insurance get referred appropriately, in house whenever possible Participates/facilitates funder and agency required correspondence and reports as assigned.
- Ensures that Program Director is informed promptly of all aspects of program facilitation and service delivery, e.g., service recovery issues, incidents, target progress for direct services, issues related to personnel, facility, referral sources, collaboration, partners, and any changes, including but not limited to personnel and capacity, etc.
- Ensures that site staff follows all program data collection systems, policies and procedures, including preparation of reporting and data collection documents and implementation protocol. Collects required program data, and participates in the analysis and evaluation of program services – ensures that data is accurate and on time and assists with driving changes with Evaluation Manager. Responsible for drafting Quarterly RSN reports.
- Fully versed in the functions, services and positions of department/program(s) under his/her oversight.. Responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the program. Oversees all scheduling functions and ensures that provider and specialists’ schedules are full. Keeps facility safe, clean, neat, organized and patient friendly. Innovative, consistent on-time project facilitation. Assists with and oversees the implementation in the development of, protocols, documentation and strategies for improved service flow needed for efficient program operations.
- Interprets the role of department services for patients, personnel, medical staff, volunteers and the community-at-large. Provides positive and effective representation of agency at meetings and community collaboratives. Action-oriented with negotiating skills adequate to responsibility held. Maintains community linkages within the service area.
- Maintains and analyzes data on a consistent basis so that is able to speak with data about the status of personnel, services, schedules, targets, and operating expenses. Processes all documentation and reporting effectively and in a timely manner.
- Maintains current collaborative relationships and is able to generate new relationships with agencies interested in receiving HDS services or in referring families to HDS.
- Maintains effective and comprehensive communications with Program and Department Directors. Consults with supervisors of the various disciplines, and follows through with their guidance and recommendations regarding assessment and treatment services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program and Department Directors.
- Participates with management in organizational and programmatic long-term planning. Participates in regular meetings of program staff, consultants, Program Director, and others, as appropriate. Ensures all regulatory standards are met or exceeded and adhered to on an on-going basis (Joint Commission, , DHS – Licensing & Certification, OSHA, etc.)
- Provides information for development of preliminary budgets for the site(s) assigned and assists in the process to ensure that appropriate expenditures stay within budgeted guidelines. Assists Program Director in management of program budget, as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring that schedules are full, at 100% capacity.
- Supports PDS with administration/oversight of special projects/pilots, as needed.
- Under the guidance of the Director of HDS, is responsible for outreach and marketing strategies and actions for program. Facilitates educational and outreach presentations to community-based organizations and others. Assists in developing and expanding FHCSD relationships with relevant community agencies and groups. Networks with agencies that will serve as resources for the program and target population.
- Master’s Degree in health and human service areas, including Child Development, Psychology, MPH, Early Childhood Education, Social Work or a related field. Will consider applicants with BA degrees, provided that applicant has prior experience in oversight of projects and staff supervision.
- At least two years of progressively responsible positions in child health and/or development, or related area.
- Cultural and linguistic sensitivity to populations served; experience with medically underserved populations
- Documented track record in program implementation, evaluation and oversight.
- Knowledge about and experience with diverse populations.
- Possess excellent verbal, written and listening skills.
- Prior experience with oversight and management of grant funded programs.
- Significant experience in oversight of child development, health or education related programs/services.
- Supervisorial experience; knowledge and oversight of budgets.
- Valid California Drivers License, reliable transportation and appropriate vehicle insurance required; some travel may be necessary.