Published Job Title: Regional VP Sales
Published Division/Department: US Sales
Requisition #: 5692
Country: United States
Percentage of Travel: 60% - 70%
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
Shift: 1st Shift
Interest Category: Sales / Business Development
The Regional Vice President is responsible for effective execution of regional strategy, proper use of financial budgets, utilizing appropriate staffing models, and providing coaching to assigned management team.
* Develops a strategic/marketing plan for assigned state/region based on upcoming adoption information for the school year, needs of the customer and past years regional performance to meet assigned quota. Adjust plans as needed. Maintain relationships with key stakeholders throughout the region to stay abreast of districts needs and adoption cycles. Meets assigned state or regional quota.
* Manages the activities of the state/region. Ensures the region/state is staffed appropriately and makes adjustments as needed due to changes in market conditions. Conducts objective setting, midpoint and annual appraisal for management team as well as approves PMP activities for entire region. Observes team in the field by attending sales calls and presentations. Responsible for attracting, developing, coaching, motivating, empowering and retaining sales professionals. Resolves conflicts within team and with other departments. Holds state management and sales meetings as needed.
* Oversees state budgets and expenditures. Develops cost-effective solutions that meet the needs of the region while staying within designated budget.
* Manage state and set priorities based on sales/pipeline/revenue as represented in Salesforce.com. Develop innovated strategies/solutions that will increase future pipeline and sales revenue for the state.
* Attends and provides input at sales, portfolio, marketing, editorial and financial meetings. Communicates information as needed to the state.
* This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s desirable).
* 7-10 years sales experience with a proven track record in meeting quota. 7-10 years management experience. Educational sales experience and teaching skills are desirable.
* Collaboration; decision-making; inter-personal / written / verbal communication; problem-solving; product & market knowledge; functional and computer proficiency.
* The ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
* Requires heavy travel – driving and air travel. 60-70%.
J2W: CB EXP. 04/12/13
Changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners – it’s not just our mission, it’s our passion. As a global learning...