Scope and Responsibility:
The Regional Vice President of Technology will be responsible for the Service Delivery of technology and business applications across the Hub’s
in his/her regional geography, reporting directly to the Corporate Chief Information Officer. The individual will be responsible for managing IT resources, processes, and systems related to the day to day operations of the Hub. This individual will be knowledgeable about the operations of the business and process of the Hub’s they support and will assist the business in the continuous effort to improve productivity and efficiency within the Hub. They will participate in vendor evaluation and selection with Corporate IT, assist with solution implementations, solution support, user testing and due diligence on M&A activities. The Regional Vice President of Technology must be able to understand, communicate, and influence how technology can be used to help the company grow and prosper as a business.
- This individual directly manages the ITSM’s (IT Site Manager) in his/her region and has a matrix management responsibility with the Head of Shared Services (SCS) to ensure that the centralized shared services are meeting the needs of the Enterprise and the Hub’s.
- Maintain a “hands- on” relationship with the ITSM’s and other staff in executing the overall IT strategy. This requires regular travel to the Hub’s in their regional geography to be determined by need. It is expected that the individual will be visible in each of the Hub’s and travel will be approximately 25%-30% of their time. It is also expected that they will visit the Home Office at least three times per year.
- This individual will be accountable for the execution of the “M&A IT Due Diligence” process and will personally participate in the assessment of the IT needs of an acquisition.
- Participate with the Corporate CIO and other IT Leadership management in the formulation and execution of IT strategy and direction.
- Work directly with the PMO and proactively take leadership of new applications and infrastructure initiatives and assume responsibility for successful roll-out and integration.
- Assess the talent on their team against what will be required to deliver on the strategy. Mentor, develop, or replace staff as needed to achieve the best resource talent possible.
- Establish strong relationships with the business leaders in their regional geography.
- Develop and manage the local IT budget for the HUB’s in their assigned geography in line with the corporate IT strategy and direction, and actively participate in the overall Corporate IT process.
- Participate in the creation of an effective IT career path program to retain the best talent and offer individuals opportunity for personal growth and advancement.
- Make a recognized contribution to the management leadership team within IT, while fostering teamwork, and collaboration.
- Other assignments as identified and directed by the Corporate CIO.
Communication and Collaboration:
- Frequently and effectively communicate the Corporate IT vision (One Vision…One Team…One Voice) and plans throughout the HUB’s in your geography.
- Provide advice and counsel to regional HUB management concerning IT needs and issues.
- Communicate to HUB management at reasonable frequencies including face to face meetings.
- Communicate regularly to local IT staff that are directly under your control or part of the matrix alignment across other functions within Corporate IT.
- Actively interact and participate with the IT Leadership team on looking for ways to enable the business at HUB and find ways for standardization as appropriate.
Ideally, this individual will have 10-15 years of experience in Information Technology, with a proven track record in leading technology initiatives, managing technical staff, collaborating with business leaders, and being able to work in complex environments. Experience in financial services and/or insurance is strongly desired. This individual needs to be comfortable working in a team environment and able to handle complex matrix relationships. Additionally, this individual must have a strong “current technology” understanding and have the ability and desire to grow within the Hub organization.
A Bachelor’s degree is required, an advanced degree is desirable.
The ideal candidate will possess strong business acumen, leadership/managerial skills and strong interpersonal skills. Also, present will be personal and professional integrity, strong communication skills and an excellent professional appearance and presentation. Technically, the executive will possess strong analytical and decision-making skills along with considerable tact and diplomacy.
Other key personal traits:
- Possesses initiative, good judgment and the ability to problem solve.
- Possesses strong business acumen with proven experience in thinking strategically and implementing tactically.
- Proven ability to build, support, grow, and retain quality staff.
- Has handled demanding workloads to meet objectives.
- Is customer focused/service oriented and has effectively affected change.
- Is driven, compassionate, and creative.
- Possesses ability to negotiate and defuse conflict.
- Team player.
- Possesses ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal.
- Listens effectively, shares ideas and information openly and facilitates relationship building by establishing trust.
Hub International Limited - 20 months ago
Hub International is an insurance broker that operates more than 340 offices in a decentralized regional hub-and-satellite-office structure....