Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 25,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune in 2013 , we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking a talented Regional Wholesaler for our Baltimore / Washington metro area .
PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for the distribution of USAA retail mutual funds through non-affiliated intermediaries through national and regional brokerage firms, broker dealers and other distribution networks. Develops relationships with key financial advisors and investment professionals, and maintains a high level of knowledge of USAA's products and understanding of current economic and market conditions.
- Introduces and increases the gross and net sales of USAA's mutual fund products and services to brokerage firms through a professional selling process.
- Leads and manages sales efforts and initiatives within an assigned territory, which will consist of the Washington DC metro area. This includes all intermediary channels. Client relationships will be managed primarily through face-to-face interactions, but also via telephone and email.
- Monitors territory's performance and partners with leadership in the development of strategic business plans to increase sales.
- Successfully executes territory strategies to target, develop, secure new business opportunities, and maintain strong ongoing relationships with the financial advisors in your territory.
- Identifies intermediary clients' needs, coordinates efforts to meet those needs, provides sales consultations and ensures desired results are achieved for both USAA and the client.
- Supports the development of sales and product training materials. Regularly meets with existing and potential clients to facilitate training sessions.
- Bachelor's degree. Four additional years of experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Five or more years of financial services sales experience.
- Candidate must be an adept public speaker.
- Prior experience providing consultation on sales strategies, financial products and financial planning platforms.
- Proven territory management skills to include identification of new business opportunities, management of client needs, development of territory business plans and administration of product training sessions.
- Series 7 & 63 licenses.
As part of the hiring process for this position, you will be required to provide information on qualifying political contributions made on or after March 14, 2011, per federal law, which applies to individuals working with USAA's 529/403(b) plan. Such political contributions may impact your eligibility for hire in this position.
- Successful completion of military service.
- Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designations.
- Previous wholesaling experience.
- A history of demonstrated ability to establish new relationships and foster existing relationships with advisors.
- Subject matter expert to support client relationships and build the brand.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
Less than 25%
USAA - 6 months ago
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...