Provide administrative and operational support to an assigned FC to facilitate the generation of commission and fee revenues for the FC and the Company.
(Including specific Education and License requirements)
- High school diploma (or GED) and 1-2 years office/industry experience. A Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or other post high school training/education preferred.
- Successful completion of the FINRA General Securities Representative (Series 7) Exam and Uniform Securities State Law Exam (Series 63).
- Working knowledge of the securities industry, its operations and it products to include stocks, bonds, margin accounts, options, various retirement plans (IRA’s, Simple, Roth) mutual funds, annuities.
- Proficient computer skills (working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.)
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written.
- Strong inter-personal, customer service skills. Ability to work with clients, who at times, may be concerned due to market fluctuations.
- Good organizational and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple demands and competing priorities, ability to work with a variety of personalities, ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and the ability to work in a computerized environment.
- Provide professional, courteous customer service to ensure client satisfaction. Respond to requests for various types of information to include account balances, stock quotes, general information, account information, policies and procedures, money market rates etc. Enter unsolicited trades per the client’s request. Mail client information in a timely manner i.e. reports, research reports. Open new accounts on the back office system, SIS. The position may also enter solicited trades and contact clients and solicit business on behalf of the FC.
- Review all account documentation to ensure its completeness. Keep account information current and ensure the required account documents are on file. Inform clients of missing paperwork and securities or if funds are due. Follow-up until resolved. Ensure adherence to branch, Firm and Compliance policies and procedures.
- Facilitate the transfer of client funds and/or securities and the issuance of checks upon request.
- Inform FC of all important information and activities related to their client’s accounts and transactions.
Provide professional telephone support for the assigned FCs. Develop and maintain a professional rapport with clients. Screen and return phone calls. Take message, transfer calls, answer routine questions and provide information when possible.
- Compose, draft and type letters and memoranda in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist FC in developing and implementing periodic client mailings to enhance the relationship between the FC, the client and the Registered Client Associate. It should promote a systematic on going means of communication between the FC and the client. This may include quarterly reports, newsletters, special reports, annual reviews, client seminars and gifts.
- Watch for potential problems. Alert the FC and /or Branch Manager when necessary.
- Enter orders to include buy/sell stock and bond trades, sell stop orders, option and margin trades and mutual funds.
- Process annuity and insurance payments.
- Perform any other duties as assigned to include providing back up for other support positions in the branch.
Davidson Companies - 2 years ago