Job Title: Registered Client Tech Support Rep
Job ID: 100516
Location: Illinois, Chicago
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Manager level: Support Level
A leader in brokerage and investment services for over 35 years, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of powerful solutions and innovative tools for trading and investing. We're constantly expanding our knowledge and bolstering our capabilities, from a leading active trader program to intuitive long-term investment solutions and a national branch system. Combined with some of the industry's brightest minds, there's no limit to how big our accomplishments can be.
From first-time investors to sophisticated traders, TD Ameritrade is focused on helping individuals seek out their financial goals. And you're the ambassador to all that we do. Beginning with our trading platform and proprietary technology to our resolve to outperform, you'll maintain the high level of quality and integrity we're known for, each and every day. With the right opportunity, there's no limit to what you can accomplish.
As a leading employer in financial services, we believe in building strong relationships, achieving quality results and working with integrity. It's at the heart of everything we do. That's why we provide you with comprehensive training, benefits and programs that inspire you to achieve more every day. Apply to a TD Ameritrade job today and help our clients pursue their dreams, while you fulfill yours.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. Immigration sponsorship is typically not available for this position.
This position involves direct client interface via inbound and outbound calls, email and electronic chat on a team dedicated to solving complex technology challenges for TD Ameritrade clients.
Team members routinely work with our most active and valuable clients and service a range of client segments and business units including thinkorswim by TD Ameritrade, PCS Active Trader, and PCS Elite. Each associate is expected to provide the highest level of complex technology support to clients, while helping to establish and cultivate a deeper relationship between clients and the firm. Associates have a dual responsibility to not only troubleshoot technology issues, but to also serve as subject matter experts in proper usage of our most complex tools and applications to both external and internal clients. Combined, the overall effect of this role is to increase usage of our client-facing websites and active trader tools and ultimately increase revenue and client satisfaction.
- Proper use of TD Ameritrade client-facing web sites
- Proper use of TD Ameritrade trading tools such as; thinkTDA/thinkDesktop, Trade Architect, Strategy Desk, Command Center, etc.
- Personal computer operating system technologies such as Windows, OS X, and Linux
- Web based technologies such as, Java, Flash, HTML, SSL, networking, etc. as used by clients while accessing and utilizing TD Ameritrade technology platforms and tools
- Installation and use of TDA Mobile applications such as iSwim, TDA Mobile, and iStockManager including device usage on mobile platforms such as Blackberry, Android,Windows Mobile, iPhone, and iPad
- Work closely with internal and external clients to troubleshoot errors and find solutions to client technology challenges that prevent proper use of our technology platforms and tools
- Research and accurately respond to complex client technology inquiries escalated by frontline client service/trading associates
- Utilize various 3rd party software allocations such as Bomgar, Live Person and Admin Tools to streamline client communications and problem resolution
- Serve as point of escalation and resource for internal and external clients regarding ongoing technology issues and concerns
- As needed, escalate issues to internal and external resources for investigation and possible resolution. Upon escalation, the representative will remain the primary point of contact for further data collection, testing, troubleshooting and resolution verification
- Create and cultivate a client experience that exceeds client's expectations and establishes the benchmark for technology support within the financial services industry
- Effectively communicate with clients and guide them through complex procedures to resolve technology issues or properly leverage our technology platforms
- Serve as an advocate and liaison between our clients and TD Ameritrade regarding the client's technology needs
- Understand the client's stated and unstated needs to proactively provide a personalized, comprehensive service experience
- When appropriate, generate additional revenue using superior service, trading and technology knowledge, and application of service-to-sales techniques
- Serve as liaison with internal and external development staff on projects involving implementation and modification of systems & tools to enhance overall efficiency, productivity, and profitability
- Manage orphaned products and provide flexible support options as needed to meet organizational and client needs
- Serve on cross-functional product teams and provide UAT and QA testing for various technologies as needed
- Provide input and recommendations for improvement regarding current policies, procedures, technologies, and tools
- Seek exposure to a wide variety of trading applications and technology platforms as well as have an active focus on continually learning new skills and tools.
- Achieve and maintain any established individual objectives for various metrics specific to Technology Support
- Follow the TD Ameritrade Core Values
- Other duties as assigned
TD Ameritrade participates in the E-Verify program for those states requiring E-Verify. For additional information on this program please click here .
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 year of related work experience
- Series 7 and Series 63/66 licenses required
- College degree preferred. A degree in Finance, Computer Science, Information Management or a similar area is a definite plus. Relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum of one year of online brokerage experience preferred
- Ability to provide a very high level of courteous and efficient service to TD Ameritrade's most active and valuable high net-worth clients
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technology problems in a timely and efficient manner while accessing and utilizing various job specific hardware and software
- Solid understanding of modern desktop operating systems, electronic mail systems, common desktop applications, Internet and computer networking technology, distributed computing technology, mobile communication platforms, web navigation and web browser technology
- Excellent knowledge of online trading applications (preferably TD Ameritrade specific), or the ability to rapidly master them
- Ability to interpret and patiently relay complex financial market information and computer technical jargon in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent multi-tasking skill while demonstrating strict attention to detail
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and analytical thinking skills
- Competent in complying with TD Ameritrade's policies and procedures
- Must demonstrate a positive and professional image at all times
TD Ameritrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and offer a quality workplace.
TD Ameritrade, Inc. member FINRA/SIPC/NFA is a subsidiary of TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NASDAQ: AMTD). TD Ameritrade is a trademark jointly owned by TD Ameritrade IP Company and the Toronto-Dominion Bank.
© 2012 TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
TD Ameritrade - 19 months ago
If your stock makes a big move while you're stuck in traffic, don't worry -- TD Ameritrade lets you buy and sell even when...