To provide superior quality dental care while exercising courtesy and professionalism by means of co-workers and patients. The Dental Hygienist must possess the ability to assess, perform and reinforce productive preventative aseptic dental care of patients and support as well as reinforce communicated diagnosed dental treatment needs through established American Dental Partners, Inc standards.
- Take, develop and mount diagnostically acceptable radiographs.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge and usage of dental terminology, dental instruments, tray setups and instrument sharpening.
- Follow practice protocols: quality assurance, biohazards, infection control, charting, referrals, emergency medicine, implants, perio program and emergency treatment.
- Demonstrate proficient skills in dental prophylaxis and proper use of equipment.
- Effectively communicate oral hygiene instructions and dispense proper oral hygiene aids.
- Comply with practice guidelines listed in employee handbook.
- Chart - including graphical charting, perio charting and proper chart documentation.
- Stock all needed supplies and maintain equipment.
- Understand and utilize basic insurance knowledge and financial policies.
- Provide positive and professional leadership role.
- Properly handle specialty referrals.
- Successfully maintain recall system.
- Perform basic computer functions.
- Achieve defined goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Richfield, Minnesota, United States
- Current dental hygiene license in the state where job is located.
- Current CPR training.
- Two years of practice experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions
- Exercise knowledge of dental instruments and terminology.
- Support corporate vision and strategy.
Metro Dentalcare - 21 months ago