****TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW, PRINT OUT APPLICATION AND SEND IT TO:
COW CREEK GOVERNMENT OFFICE
ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES
2371 NE STEPHENS, SUITE 100
ROSEBURG, OR 97470
Registered Dietician conducts nutritional assessments, provides nutrition counseling prepares nutrition care plans, counsels’ clients, and serves as a nutrition resource person for departmental staff. Teaches group education sessions related to nutrition and makes nutrition related presentations to interested groups.
- Conducts nutritional assessments and provides medical nutrition therapy.
- Educates and counsels high-risk clients on an individual basis taking into consideration medical and nutritional needs, laboratory results, cultural and personal preferences, finances, and client’s goals.
- Prepares nutrition care plans specific to client’s needs to provide solutions to nutrition problems.
- Conduct home and hospital visits, providing nutrition counseling to clients as needed.
- Works with clinic physicians to coordinate care between the patient and provider.
- Discusses clients’ nutritional care plan and instruction with other staff involved in client care. Serves as nutrition resource person for all staff members compiling information including pamphlets, booklets, articles, and other resources for use in nutrition programs.
- Refers clients to outside agencies as necessary.
- Teaches group education sessions related to nutrition or oversees such training presented by other staff.
- Develops nutrition lesson plans, nutrition education handouts, pamphlets and visual aids. Reviews and updates nutrition education materials for use by the department.
- May serve as part of an interdisciplinary team as the nutritionist to prepare and manage team care plans for clients.
- Maintains records and files regarding services and activities and documents services by preparing requested reports.
- Ensures that clinical documentation regarding clients is kept secure and confidential and maintained consistent with Health Department policies and procedures.
- Participates in workshops, conferences, and other continuing education opportunities to maintain professional status
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from different cultural backgrounds
- Assists educators with various other health education duties as assigned.
- Current registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association.
- Current registration with the Oregon Board of Examiners of Licensed Dietitians.
- Certified Diabetes Educator, preferred.
- A thorough knowledge of human nutrition and its relationship to health and disease, (equivalent to M.P.H. or M.S. with supervised field work and public health course).
- Knowledge of the science of nutrition and dietetics.
- Knowledge of social, cultural and economic factors of individuals and families as they apply to public health nutrition and ability to adapt their food preferences into individual nutritional plans.
- Knowledge of appropriate educational principles and methods as applied to public health nutritional practice.
- Knowledge of research methods as applied to public health nutrition.
Umpqua Indian Development Corporation - 19 months ago