A’viands, a progressive Minnesota-based food and services management company, is seeking an energetic and experienced Registered Dietitian, to provide dietitian support services to Grace Living Community of Glen Oaks located in New London, Minnesota and Bethesda Heritage Center located in Willmar, Minnesota.
- Interacts with other departments in setting up procedures, polices and problem solving as they relate to the patient/resident dining service and nutrition.
- Works with nursing and dining staff to promote optimal patients/resident care and makes regular rounds to all care areas.
- Actively participates in the development, review and revision of the continuous quality improvement programs.
- Is involved in developing, planning and presenting nutrition and food service related training sessions to nursing and dining services staff.
- Participates in facility menu planning for regular and therapeutic diets in conjunction with the Dining Services Director.
- Reviews and approves cycle menus, responds to requests for changes from the resident food committee with menu revision and analysis.
- Responsible for updating resident/patient diet, weights, food preferences and other patient data in the computerized tray card system.
- Conducts regular and ongoing meal rounds, dining room assessments and test tray audits.
- Monitors and evaluates resident/patient satisfaction with food selection, preparation and service along with the Dining Services Director.
- Attends professional meetings and conferences to keep current with trends related to nutrition and food service.
- Attends facility assigned meetings, such as quality assurance or safety council, as assigned by the Dining Services Director, District Manager of Field Support Dietitian.
- Maintains ongoing communication with Dining Services Director to keep informed of current food service operations and concerns. May need to assist with daily operations as request by Dining Services Director.
- Updates and maintains facility specific nutritional care policies and procedures.
- Inspires confidence with patients, visitors and other staff members by communication in a highly professional manner.
- Ensures accuracy and consistency of diet orders, nourishments and supplements in the computerized nutritional software.
- Assists in other areas of Dining Services as necessary.
- Liaison with the Field Support Dietitian in development of facility standards and practice.
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree at a US regionally accredited university or college by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
- Passed a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) or meets the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics requirements for eligibility.
- Completes 75 hours of continuing education hours every five years in accordance with the Commission on Dietetic Registration utilizing the professional portfolio development process.
- Licensed or certified per state requirements.
- Certification in approved sanitation course such as Serve Safe per A’viands standards or state requirements.
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission/ Critical Access/OBRA/other regulation specific to comprehensive assessments, care planning and residents rights.
- Knowledgeable in assessing neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric and pregnant/lactating residents/patients.
- Knowledgeable on the current medical nutritional therapy related to: diabetes, GI disorders, hypertension, renal disease, hepatic disease, nutrition support, cardiovascular disease, cerebral vascular disease and oncology.
- Demonstrated ability to teach others is required.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals and groups with widely varying backgrounds, perspectives, education, and skills is required.
- Excellent work record, superior communication, cooperation, and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work with team members.
- Demonstrated ability to handle difficult situations with residents/patients and staff with tact and empathy.
- Practice patient confidentiality, effective interpersonal skills, good judgment, ability to listen with empathy and set priorities.
- Ability to read, speaks, write and understand English.
- Ability to hear and verbally communicate on the telephone and to hard of hearing residents/patients.
A’viands is based in Roseville, Minnesota and provides services to hospitals, senior living facilities, nursing homes, correctional facilities, colleges and universities, school districts and business dining facilities in the Midwest and Southwest. We offer a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K. If you have the passion to grow with a dynamic organization, we encourage you to apply now!
Aviands Food & Services Management - 18 months ago