A’viands, a Minnesota-based food and services management company is currently seeking a Temporary Full-Time Registered Dietitian to provide medical nutritional therapy at Episcopal Church Home in the St. Paul, Minnesota for 12 weeks starting November 1, 2013.
- Providing medical nutrition therapy to TCU clients and those living in a long term care setting.
- Completion of all required nutritional assessments and documentation for all the residents including MDS and CAA’s.
- Assist in development of interdisciplinary treatment goals for clients and attendance at resident care conferences.
- Assist in menu and therapeutic diet development.
- Individual patient counseling on diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, weight loss, and other chronic diseases.
- Knowledgeable in the Nutrition Care Process for long term care.
- Assist the Food Service Director in coordination of diet office responsibilities.
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree at a US regionally accredited university or college by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
- Passed a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) or meets the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics requirements for eligibility.
- Completes 75 hours of continuing education hours every five years in accordance with the Commission on Dietetic Registration utilizing the professional portfolio development process.
- Licensed or certified per state requirements.
- Certification in approved sanitation course such as Serve Safe per A’viands standards or state requirements.
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission/ Critical Access/OBRA/other regulation specific to comprehensive assessments, care planning and residents rights.
- Knowledgeable in assessing neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric and pregnant/lactating residents/patients.
- Knowledgeable on the current medical nutritional therapy related to: diabetes, GI disorders, hypertension, renal disease, hepatic disease, nutrition support, cardiovascular disease, cerebral vascular disease and oncology.
- Demonstrated ability to teach others is required.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals and groups with widely varying backgrounds, perspectives, education, and skills is required.
- Excellent work record, superior communication, cooperation, and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work with team members.
- Demonstrated ability to handle difficult situations with residents/patients and staff with tact and empathy.
- Practice patient confidentiality, effective interpersonal skills, good judgment, ability to listen with empathy and set priorities.
- Ability to read, speaks, write and understand English.
- Ability to hear and verbally communicate on the telephone and to hard of hearing residents/patients.
A’viands is based in Roseville, Minnesota and provides services to senior living facilities, nursing homes, correctional facilities, colleges and universities, school districts and business dining facilities in the Midwest and Southwest. We offer a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K. If you have the passion to grow with a dynamic organization, we encourage you to apply now!