Nutritious Lifestyles is constantly expanding! We have an immediate opening for a Registered Dietitian in Panama City.
Nutritious Lifestyles, Inc. is currently seeking qualified Registered Dietitians (RD), Diet Technicians Registered (DTR), and Certified Dietary Managers (CDM) throughout Florida. Nutritious Lifestyles has been providing premier nutrition and foodservice consulting services since 1986. Nutritious Lifestyles offers competitive pay, flexibility, comprehensive training and professional and personal growth opportunities for the right candidate. Nutritious Lifestyles has opportunities in long-term care, pediatrics, home care, menu development and much more!
Nutritious Lifestyles offers an excellent 900-hour internship program, sponsored by our company, where our employees are eligible to become a Licensed Dietitian (LD) in the state of Florida.
To be eligible for this program and/or for the Dietetic Technician, Registered (DTR) position, one must have:
-Completed an ACEND-accredited didactic program or coordinated program in dietetics
-Have completed at least a Bachelor’s Degree at a U.S. regionally accredited college or university
-Passed the DTR exam
Job Responsibilities of a RD:
1. Medical nutrition assessment of the nutrition status and nutritional needs of all clients as required by state and federal regulations and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards as applicable. Assessments will be completed in accordance with the standards set forth by Nutritious Lifestyles, Inc., the prevailing standards of care and will be based on the dietitian’s advanced knowledge of medical nutrition therapy and individualized discretion and judgment. All assessments will be completed as appropriate.
2. Identification of clients with nutritional risk factors and development of an individualized plan of care for each client to address identified risk factors based on the prevailing standards of care and the dietitian’s advanced knowledge of medical nutrition therapy. Recommendations for interventions will be made in accordance with the protocols for specific conditions or disease states as set forth by Nutritious Lifestyles and facility policy and the client’s needs using the dietitian’s individual discretion and judgment.
3. Assessment of the status of all high risk clients, including clients with skin breakdown, on tube feeding or parenteral nutrition and clients with significant weight loss, a minimum of monthly as needed. The dietitian will use individualized advanced knowledge and judgment to determine if clients are proceeding toward the goals of the individualized plan of care and make revisions as the dietitian deems necessary.
4. Documentation on each client in accordance with the documentation standards set forth by Nutritious Lifestyles, Inc.
5. Maintenance of a “Daily Tracking List” of all clients seen each day and a “Nutritional Risk Tracking List” for all high risk clients.
6. Periodic Quality Assurance surveys using the standards set forth by Nutritious Lifestyles, Inc., including monthly sanitation inspections. Provision of guidance and corrective action based on the dietitian’s specialized knowledge and individualized judgment is required.
7. Provision of other services contracted for by each facility, which includes, but is not limited to, assisting with completion of MDS’s, RAPS and care plans, in- services, chart audits, training of dietary managers in charting and documentation, and physician consults.
8. Completion of a comprehensive monthly report of services provided in accordance with Nutritious Lifestyles’ policy and monthly exit interview with each facility as requested by the facility.
9. Submission of monthly reports to Nutritious Lifestyles’ office no later than the fifth of the following month.
10. Submission of a monthly schedule by the due date as provided by Nutritious Lifestyles’ office personnel.
11. Communication with office in the event of changes or problems in a facility. Notification of office thirty days in advance of planned time off, immediate notification of office when emergencies arise.
12. Coverage for other dietitians within one-hour radius for vacations and emergencies.
13. Development and maintenance of positive working relationships with each facility using the facility communication guidelines set forth by Nutritious Lifestyles, Inc. Maintenance of communications with facilities via beeper or telephone, assessment of high risk clients during non-working hours as needed.
14. Maintenance of credentials as required by the State of Florida for licensure and the Commission on Dietetic Registration for registration as a dietitian.
15. Other duties as required.
1. Completion of specialized academic training in dietetics, including a minimum of a four year degree in food and nutrition science from an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) approved university and completion of either a CUP program, internship or master’s program (AP-4) approved by the AND.
2. Current Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist by the State of Florida.
3. One year of experience in food service management or clinical dietetics is
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Advanced knowledge of medical nutrition therapy, geriatric nutrition, chemistry, metabolism and biology and ability to use knowledge to provide medical nutrition therapy, including nutrition assessments, care planning, monitoring and revision of plans.
2. Advanced knowledge in food service and sanitation fundamentals.
3. Ability to exercise intellectual discretion and judgment.
4. Ability to use advanced knowledge to analyze, interpret and make deductions in
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
6. Ability to work independently and make independent decisions and judgments.
7. Excellent customer service skills and problem-solving skills.
Other Openings are as follows:
-RD (part-time): Ocala, FL, Shippensburg, PA, Champaign, IL,
-RD on a PRN (as-needed basis) in Citrus County, Polk County, Orlando, Melbourne, Gainesville, Panama City, Palm City/Stuart/West Palm, Tallahassee, Tampa, and Jacksonville.
-DTR (part-time): Orlando, Tallahassee
-CDM (full-time): Kissimmee, Tallahassee, Lake Worth
For immediate consideration, call Erica 407-894-1444 and/or e-mail resume to ($200 for referrals!)