Under the immediate direction of the Manager or other designated clinical management as assigned, functions as a clinical nurse mentor/preceptor with responsibility for the delivery of individualized, effective nursing care to a module of patients.
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications
Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse:
Obtain and maintain certification in required CPR
o Intro to EKG- Emergency Services, ICU/CCU/ Burn, Surgery, Pre/Post/ PACU, Telemetry,
- BCLS within 60 days of hire – Emergency Services, Cath Lab,Special Procedures, PAT/Central Scheduling, Surgery, Pre/Pre/ PACU, Endoscopy, Ambulatory Services, Quality, Med/Surg, Telemetry, Pediatrics, ICU, CCU, Burn Unit, HBOT, House Supervisors, Outpatient Clinics, Labor & Delivery (L & D) , Post Partum, NICU, Newborn Nursery, Transitional Care Unit, Behavioral Health, Generations, Registry.
- ACLS within one year of hire – Emergency Services, Cath Lab, Special Procedures, Surgery, Pre/Pre/ PACU, Endoscopy, Ambulatory Services, Quality, Critical Care Registry, Telemetry,ICU, CCU, Burn Unit, Labor & Delivery Recovery, HBOT
- NRP within 90 days of hire – Labor & Delivery, NICU, Post Partum,
- PALS within 6 months of hire – CCU/ICU code team RN, Pre/Post, Emergency (PALS or ENPC), Burn Center.
- Basic Fetal Monitoring within 3 months or before completion of orientation (if hired with experience) – L & D
- Advanced Fetal Monitoring within 12 months of hire and every 24 months ongoing – L & D
- EKG certification within 3 months of hire -
Cath Lab,Special Procedures.
o Basic EKG / Allied Health – Labor & Delivery
o NICU class – NICU Class (5 Hour)
- ABLS within 6 months of hire – Burn Center
- ICS-100: Introduction to ICS or equivalent – ER nurses
- ICS-200: Basic ICS & FEMA ICS-700: An Introduction to NIMS – ER Charge Nurses
As demonstrated through progression of the clinical ladder behaviors.
Completion of a nursing program diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing.
Job Knowledge & Skills:
1) Demonstrates working knowledge of the English language, verbal and written.
2) Demonstrates strong working knowledge of interdisciplinary planning, as well as nursing practice procedures, equipment utilized and applicable regulations. (Refer to unit specific knowledge guidelines for those applicable to area of assignment.)
3) Requires general working knowledge of the normal growth, development, related behaviors, needs, comfort, and range of treatment appropriate to the age (including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric) and diagnosis of patient served to support the provision of an individualized interdisciplinary plan of care. (Refer to unit specific knowledge guidelines for ages of patients served in area of assignment.)
4) Requires strong analytical and organizational skills necessary to assess, develop and implement individualized plans of patient care/education in changing patient and module situations through the recognition of actual and potential problems, patient/family involvement, and the collection of data related to unit nursing care concerns.
5) Requires leadership skills in order to provide constructive feedback to peers regarding nursing issues, participate in unit based decision making and support changes made.
6) Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written in order to establish and maintain positive therapeutic/working relationships with all internal and external unit customers, as needed.
Behavioral Health / Psychology
St. Joseph Hospital
Adult Behavioral Health Unit
Afternoon Shift - with rotation if needed
Forecasted paid hours per shift
Forecasted hours per pay week
Community Health Systems - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
St. Joseph Hospital of Orange is a values-based Catholic healthcare provider with a tradition of and commitment to excellence based, on the...