Basic Duties :
Registered Nurses (RN) provide a full range of nursing services to inmates including assessing, nursing diagnosis, planning, implementing, and evaluating the medical condition of inmate patients. RNs provide information to other health care team members and contribute to the maintenance or restoration of health status. Along with all other correctional institution employees, the incumbent is also charged with responsibility of maintaining the security of the institution.
Working Conditions :
Work is performed inside a correctional facility. CHC expects employees to work in accordance with all security rules and regulations to minimize the risk of danger and/or harm to themselves or other employees. Due to the nature of our business, we cannot clear individuals with H1B or J1 status for employment and some facilities will not to clear individuals with bad debt or recent bankruptcies on their credit report. CHC provides excellent compensation and benefits packages (medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, 401K, etc.) to eligible employees
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally-designated state accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant. Applicant required to be currently CPR certified. Must have and maintain a current and unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse .
Employment Requirements :
Physical/Mental Requirements : Must be able to perform all of the essential elements of the position with or without an accommodation. This position routinely requires (but is not limited to) the following:
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation by the company
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test.
- Must comply with all requirements of the company substance abuse policy.
- May be required to pass a consumer credit check.
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance with the client as a requisite for initial and/or continued employment.
- Occasional running when responding to emergencies; in order to meet the required 4-minutes or less emergency response time.
- Frequent walking throughout site; to include walking up and down flights of stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Correctional Healthcare Companies - 8 months ago