The Registered Nurse is responsible for the day-to-day
coordination and oversight of the nursing process for
residents assigned to his or her care. Responsibilities
include both the direct and indirect provision of care
according to each resident’s nursing and medical plan of
care and in accordance with state and federal
regulations and accepted nursing standards of practice.
- Director of Nursing of the facility where providing
nursing services for all coordination of discipline
services and/or any nursing department specific or
corporate functions, processes or initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- If applicable, supervising administratively in the
building assigned, Certified Nursing Assistants and
licensed nurses of all staff of his/her respective
- Provide direct nursing care to assigned residents in
accordance with the nursing process.
- May be assigned to function as Medication/Treatment
Nurse, unit Charge Nurse, or Supervisor.
- Direct day to day functions of Licensed Practical
Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants, assuring
compliance with state and federal regulations and
facility policies and processes.
- Provide assessment of and responds to resident
conditions utilizing the nursing process.
- Work cooperatively with other members of the
facility interdisciplinary team.
- Maintain effective communication with other members
of the interdisciplinary team utilizing facility
processes in order to assure the highest standard of
care is maintained for each resident assigned to his
or her care.
- Complete and ensure LPN and C.N.A. documentation of
care and services rendered according to facility
policies and procedures.
- Complete reports such as the 24-hour change in
condition report, Incident and Accident reports,
etc. according to the facility policy and procedure
and as assigned by the Director of Nursing Services.
- Provide immediate response to situations of resident
risk such as allegations of abuse, neglect or
misappropriation of property.
- Report incidents timely and to appropriate persons
per facility policy.
- Ensure timely and accurate medication and treatment
- Communicate to physician and documents changes in
resident condition utilizing both objective and
subjective nursing assessment.
- Document and implement changes in nursing and
medical plans of care.
- According to facility policy and procedure, assure
that all members of the interdisciplinary team are
aware of and understand changes in resident nursing
and/or medical plan of care.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Diploma and/or Degree from credentialed school of
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the
state of practice.
CareOne - 2 years ago