TITLE: RN / Registered Nurse / Nursing / Long Term Healthcare Nurse
As a Registered Nurse ( RN), you are responsible for the direction of the nursing assistants and the nursing care of long-term residents. You will ensure the appropriate healthcare standards are executed and met. If you have the vision and desire to improve today’s ever-changing healthcare environment, continue your career with Extendicare!
- Provide patient care through assessment implementations, and evaluation of healthcare plans
- Administer medications and perform treatments as directed by physicians
- Communicate with residents and family members while making daily rounds
- Ensure proper documentation of resident records
- Notify appropriate parties of change in resident condition or status
- Direct and monitor the work of employees to ensure appropriate resident care
- Schedule and assign employees as needed
- Ensure nursing department compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Complete required reports and documentation on the patient, facility and corporate levels
- Responsible for recruitment, training, supervision and employee evaluations of nursing assistant staff
In this role as a Registered Nurse ( RN), you must be a healthcare professional with a strong desire to work with long-term care residents. In addition to having strong nursing skills, you will need the following:
- Registered Nurse license ( RN)
- Ability to manage and supervise a nursing unit
- 1 year of supervisory experience is preferred
- Strong patient-assessment skills
- Ability to communicate confidently, clearly, concisely and professionally in English, both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable rapport while interfacing with residents, families and other facility staff
- Ability to provide constructive criticism to staff and to identify opportunities for professional development
- Strong organization skills
- Long-term care experience is preferred
- Meets all health requirements required by law
In addition to providing our employees with the tools necessary for development and success, we offer an attractive compensation and industry-leading benefits package.
- 401 ( k) and matching contributions
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- STD/LTD and life insurance
- Paid time off – personal, sick, vacation and holiday
- Employee-assistance program – employees and dependents
- …..And more!
Career Growth – Extendicare regularly promotes from within. Our employees regularly transfer facilities and grow into regional and corporate positions.
Support and Resources – Assistance and support is always available from the regional and corporate level to ensure your success.
Training – We invest in you! Training and continuing education are encouraged to promote skill development.
Great people are our greatest strength! APPLY now!