Employees in this classification are responsible for providing professional nursing care in an assigned specialty or subspecialty community health setting. They perform a variety of general and specialized nursing duties as part of a total health care team to provide the patient with complete evaluations.
Employees in this position generally assist the head nurse in the supervision of other clinic personnel and may substitute for this person in the event of his/her absence. May supervise and instruct subordinate nursing personnel. Receives supervision from head nurse or physician, functions independently within guidelines. May supervise ancillary nursing personnel in the performance of certain tasks, and assists in training personnel.
Work is performed under usual clinic conditions and requires a high degree of contact with patients, families, and other clinic personnel and outside professionals.
- Responsible for nursing care associated with the School of Nursing Nurse Family Partnership ( NFP ) Program under the Larry Combest Wellness Center.
- Function within the nurse’s legal scope of practice and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the organization and practice setting.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care provided to patients and their families.
- Determine the physical and mental health status.
- Analyze assessment data to identify problems, formulate goals / outcomes.
- Evaluate and report patient outcomes and responses to therapeutic interventions.
- Develop, implement and evaluate teaching plans for patients and their families to address health promotion, maintenance, and restoration.
- Implement measures to promote quality and a safe environment for patients, self, and others.
- Communicate patient data using Electronic Health Records to support decision making to improve patient care.
- Assess, plan, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate the educational programs that are implemented in the Nurse Family Partnership Program within the Wellness Center.
- Provide comprehensive community health nursing services to clients and their families, maintaining a case load of up to 25 enrolled clients.
- Adhere to the guidelines and principles of the NFP model and participate in on-going training as required by the NFP program. The NHV will facilitate outreach and community education activities to support the NFP program and address clients’ needs.
- Work closely with the NFP Nurse Supervisor and Data Coordinator in monitoring outcomes of the NFP program.
- Develop and maintain ongoing, therapeutic relationships with clients enrolled in the Nurse Family Partnership program to assist clients to achieve self-sufficiency and family health and wellness goals.
- Practice in non-traditional, community settings, to include clients’ homes, make professional sound judgments and work with the NFP Nurse Supervisor, Data Coordinator and other NHVs to resolve complex client and program delivery needs.
- Drive to patient homes, meetings, and events.
Graduate from an approved accredited nursing program.
Current RN license in the State of Texas or have the ability to transfer your license to Texas.
A minimum of two years of Staff Nurse experience in a specialty area.
- Current Basic Life Support ( BLS ) certification.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing ( BSN ).
- Community experience and maternal child health area.
- Flexible schedule and reliable transportation to accommodate position’s travel requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with bilingual clients to meet and facilitate client needs.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Lubbock
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
A Resume/C.V. is required to be uploaded when applying to this position.
Ability to operate basic equipment necessary in nursing care, as well as more sophisticated equipment required in assigned specialty area; knowledge of and ability to perform CPR .
There are two RN positions that will be filled with this job posting.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Hourly Pay Range
20.19 - 35.58
Monthly Pay Range
3500.00 - 6166.67
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.