This position provides clinical leadership to the household including dispensing medications, observing residents¿ condition and communicating with the Physician/NP and family /responsible party as needed. The Registered Nurse CC participates in planning, organizing, directing and facilitating the clinical operations of the household to ensure regulatory compliance, nurture a person-centered and resident directed culture, and strengthen the ability of the household to grow as a separate effective home, and promoting individual and team learning in the household. Registered Nurse CC¿s are teachers and role models of professional nursing practices to household staff and resident advocates for quality clinical care. The Registered Nurse CC provides each resident with professional licensed nursing observations and evaluations and coordinates their care with other household staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Care Role Model
· Interacts with all residents and families in a personal and caring way
· Treats residents with dignity, respect, and affection.
· Demonstrates enthusiasm, energy, flexibility in support of care team effort to maximize residents¿ daily choices
· Actively participates in the Dining Experience, i.e., serving, clearing, cueing, and feeding based on residents¿ abilities
· Works collaboratively with all members of the Neighborhood¿s multidisciplinary team
- Actively participates in household duties, i.e., light housekeeping, resident daily care, programming, resident personal laundry
Gerontological Clinical Expert
· Uses skilled interventions as ordered to provide symptom management and relief
· Recognizes residents¿ pain or discomfort and provides pharmacological and non-
pharmacological interventions to alleviate symptoms
· Documents in a timely, comprehensive and accurate manner
· Assumes responsibility for professional growth and meets mandatory educational
· Actively participates in High Risk Rounds
· Identifies and articulates issues to be referred to Corporate Risk Management staff
· Reviews, investigates, documents and reports resident/family complaints and/or allegations of abuse
Care Team Builder
· Leads by example
· Supports staff in taking initiative to get work done
· Builds positive relationships with team members, residents and families
· Individualizes communication method based on an awareness of diversity
· Attends Care / Service Plan Conference with team to develop strength-based interventions utilizing data obtained from standardized assessments (i.e., MDS, RAP process)
· Shares Plan of Care / Service Plan with all team members
· Maintains and promotes confidentiality
· Promotes positive team behaviors, recognizes / redirects negative team behavior
· Fosters collaborative teamwork by involving team members and being involved in decision making, problem solving, and activity planning
· Evaluates effectiveness of the team¿s performance and gives constructive feedback
· Empowers Household Associate¿s to share ideas, listens attentively and incorporates
information into residents¿ plan of care / service plan
Compassion, Customer Focus, Managing Diversity, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Listening, and Patience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Current CPR certification
- Computer skills
- Complete a Safe Food Handling and Preparation Class (within 30 days of hire)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
university or licensed nursing program as required by state Board of Nursing. Related long term care/assisted living experience preferred.
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization¿s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include participation in interviewing, hiring and training employees; participation in planning, assigning, and directing clinical work; appraising performance; coaching, counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Strong written and verbal communication skills in English preferred.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Licensed by State as a Licensed Practical Nurse. CPR certification required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
Erickson Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender/ sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Erickson Living - 15 months ago
History and Vision of The Company
Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, Erickson Living, a leading developer and manager of senior living...