Provides nurse case management for the Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation Care Teams to promote excellent patient care. Works to develop positive relationships with patients and employees to help patients meet their healthcare needs. Responsible for the delivery of appropriate, timely and beneficial care for patients which promotes quality and cost-effective health care outcomes working within established standards for case management practice.
A registered nurse with a current license from any U.S. State. Alaska State license required within one year of hire. Certification in Case Management through the American Nurses Credentialing Center preferred.
Must be able to maintain a professional standard of ethics and nursing practice at all times and observe confidentiality regulations established by BBAHC.
Basic Life Support (BLS) required and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferred.
Ability to perform Holistic Nursing Care using The Attending Nurse Caring Model®, Jean Watson 2003.
Knowledge of clinical quality improvement models and process.
Knowledge of scope of patient care services provided by other clinical service lines and the referral process.
Knowledge of effective teaching processes and principles in planning, providing and evaluating optimum health care.
Knowledge of quality management and improvement processes to comply with internal and external standards.
Knowledge of general medical procedures and the ability to anticipate complications and the indicated therapeutic interventions.
Knowledge of clinic practices and ability to act as a resource for clinic personnel and assist the providers as necessary.
Proficiency in the use of appropriate computer based software and office equipment.
Knowledge of 1974 Privacy Act is required as use of patient record is an integral part of the position and privacy of individuals must be protected to the fullest.
Ability to maintain quality safety and infection control standards.
Knowledge and ability to apply evidenced based best practices.
Ability to mentor and orient new staff members.
Provides nursing care and comprehensive case management for patients throughout the age continuum.
- Comprehensive assessment of patient needs using established clinical guidelines, protocols, and pathways.
- Case Manager provides comprehensive assessments that identify Physical/clinical, Psychosocial, Developmental and Financial issues that patients may have.
- Develops, implements and evaluates care plans for patients.
- Promotes health care outcomes with currently accepted clinical practice guidelines including home visits.
- Provides patient education and information on health assessment, disease processes, medications and treatment plans.
- Provides appropriate follow-up as directed or per established guidelines.
Responsible for active management of patients.
- Collaborates proactively with all interdisciplinary team members and with a patient-focus to facilitate and maximize client healthcare outcomes.
- Coordinates multi-disciplinary patient care conferences for high risk or complex patients as needed.
- Maintains compliance with applicable laws such as client confidentiality, Americans with Disabilities Act, Workers’ Compensation, abuse reporting, principles of consent, and advanced medical directives.
- Advocates for the client/family at the service-delivery level and at the policy-making level fostering the client/family’s decision-making, independence, and growth and development.
- Utilizes best practice model to identify, incorporate or develop best practices for panel management. Collaborates with other teams to share and establish best practice for clinic and division.
- Manages panel of patient’s acute care and chronic care needs as well as health maintenance, meeting or exceeding clinic expectations for health maintenance standards.
- Integrates factors related to quality, safety, efficiency, and cost effectiveness in planning, delivering, monitoring and evaluating client care promoting the most effective and efficient use of human and financial resources. Utilizes client based tracking system or clinical databases to track, monitor and assure the appropriate follow-up of clients. Utilizes other campus software packages and applications for ordering, scheduling and tracking patient care.
- Determine patient needs for wellness screening and exams based on National Clinical Guidelines.
- Inform patients of need for exams and educate on risks and benefits.
- Work with case management support staff to facilitate travel, lodging, personal needs of patients.
- Develops knowledge of Bristol Bay region and facilitates necessary patient appointments, labs and procedures.
- Make referrals to Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium/Alaska Native Medical Center (ANTHC/ANMC) and ANMC field clinics as needed.
- Be available for emergency call on a rotating basis.
- Provide cross-coverage for RN case managers assigned to other health care teams as needed.
Mentors and coaches staff to develop excellent contribution to the BBAHC mission and assist in understanding the individual's role in the strategic plan. Fully documents staff issues. Resolves staff issues at the lowest level possible. Keeps supervisor aware of staff issues. Develops and timely submits annual staff performance evaluations aligned to the BBAHC strategy map.
Maintains full compliance with the laws, regulations, grant terms, and BBAHC policies pertinent to the department. Ensures department activities meet all applicable accrediting body standards and CMS Conditions of Participation. Actively avoids fraud, waste, and abuse. Seeks methods and activities to enhance BBAHC revenues.
Ensures department procedures align with and support organizational policies.
Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard