Use Case Management Principles to establish and maintain a system for determining need, providing education and facilitating access to appropriate Medical Screening Exams in the Bristol Bay Area patient population.
A registered nurse with a current Alaska State License.
Must be able to maintain a professional standard of ethics at all times and observe confidentiality regulations established by BBAHC.
A minimum of three years experience as an RN
Certification in Case Management preferred.
Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required.
Knowledge of native culture preferred with cultural sensitivity.
Ability to perform job using theory-based nursing practice model, evidenced based practices, and shared governance in a multidisciplinary team model.
Ability to participate in a multidisciplinary clinical team.
Knowledge of clinical quality improvement models and process.
Knowledge of scope of patient care services provided by other clinical service lines and the referral process.
Knowledge of effective teaching processes and principles in planning, providing and evaluating optimum health care.
Knowledge of quality management and improvement processes to comply with internal and external standards, i.e., JCAHO.
Knowledge of general medical procedures and the ability to anticipate complications and the indicated therapeutic interventions.
Knowledge of clinic practices and ability to act as a resource for clinic personnel and assist the providers as necessary.
Proficiency in the use of appropriate computer based software and office equipment.
Knowledge of 1974 Privacy Act is required as use of patient record is an integral part of the position and privacy of individuals must be protected to the fullest.
Ability to maintain quality safety and infection control standards.
Knowledge and ability to apply primary care best practices.
Ability to mentor and orient new staff members.
- Provides standard nursing care for patients throughout the age continuum.
- Develops, implements and evaluates care plans.
- Promotes health care outcomes with currently accepted clinical practice guidelines.
- Provides patient education, advice and information on health assessment, disease processes, medications and treatment plans.
- Assesses patient needs using established clinical guidelines, protocols, and pathways.
- Provides appropriate follow-up as directed or per established guidelines.
- Responsible for active management of patients.
- Collaborates proactively with all interdisciplinary team members and with a patient-focus to facilitate and maximize client healthcare outcomes.
- Coordinates multi-disciplinary patient care conferences for high risk or complex patients as needed.
- Maintains compliance with applicable laws such as client confidentiality, Americans with Disabilities Act, Workers’ Compensation, abuse reporting, principles of consent, and advanced medical directives.
- Advocates for the client/family at the service-delivery level and at the policy-making level fostering the client/family’s decision-making, independence, and growth and development.
- Utilizes best practice model to identify, incorporate or develop best practices for panel management. Collaborates with other teams to share and establish best practice for clinic and division.
- Manages panel acute care and chronic care needs as well as health maintenance, meeting or exceeding clinic expectations for health maintenance standards.
- Integrates factors related to quality, safety, efficiency, and cost effectiveness in planning, delivering, monitoring and evaluating client care promoting the most effective and efficient use of human and financial resources. Utilizes client based tracking system or clinical databases to track, monitor and assure the appropriate follow-up of clients. Utilizes other campus software packages and applications for ordering, scheduling and tracking patient care.
- Work with Information Systems to determine patient needs for screening exams based on National Clinical Guidelines.
- Inform patients of need for exams and educate on risks and benefits.
- Work with Social Services to facilitate travel, lodging, personal needs of patients.
- Work with Outpatient and Endoscopy Areas to facilitate a simple system for obtaining necessary appointments, labs and procedures.
- Work with Specialty Clinic to facilitate further referrals to ANTHC/ANMC as necessary.
Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation - 5 months ago