One of the world’s premier cancer centers, committed to leading-edge research and superb educational programs, is looking for an experienced Registered Nurse Case Manager .
Previous oncology experience is not required.
If you have excellent case management and /or utilization review experience and are looking to take the next step in your nursing career, we invite you to join our client’s award winning team of Nurse Case Managers.
In this position you will:
- Collaborate with other disciplines, physicians, and payers to assess, develop, implement, and monitor comprehensive plan of care to ensure continuity of care and cost effectiveness
- Collaborate with physicians and staff regarding medical necessity for admission, continued stay, or alternative treatment facilities and/or levels of care
- Collaborate with social workers and others to arrange discharge planning referrals per physician orders
- Relate utilization assessment to payers that are needed to justify continued stay review and to obtain pre-certification
- Assess appropriateness of level of care on concurrent basis
- Evaluate effectiveness of care and facilitate coordination of care toward specific outcomes criteria
- Identify quality and risk issues and make appropriate referrals
- Evaluate care management outcomes data to identify trends and areas for improvement
Please be advised, we are only considering nurses with the following:
- Current RN Licensure in New York State
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Recent hospital case management or utilization review experience
- Minimum 5 years of clinical experience in medical-surgical, critical care, intensive care, and/or acute care
- Experience using Milliman and/or InterQual guidelines
What is it really like to work for this renowned NY hospital?
Here’s what other nurses have said:
- “Great place to work"
- “When I first started, there was an extensive training program so that I could become familiar with the organization and processes. I didn’t feel like I was just thrown into the job not knowing what to do."
- “Everyone that I pass in the halls and have met in my first few days has been full of energy and upbeat.
- “After six months I had the option to move from a 5-day to a 4-day work week."
Flexible Benefits! Four Weeks Paid Time Off!
This best-in-class facility is committed to maintaining a challenging environment that promotes personal growth and an active and rewarding role in fulfilling the goals of the organization. They recognize that Case Management is a critical part of providing quality patient care and are happy to offer the Nurse Case Manager these generous benefits:
- Option to switch to a four-day work week after six months of employment
- Minimum of four weeks paid time off
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Flex dollars to apply to benefits you choose based on your medical, dental, prescription, disability and life insurance needs
- Flex spending account to pay for eligible medical and healthcare expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Transportation debit card that allows you to pay for eligible commuting expenses with pre-tax dollars
How Pathway Medical Works With You to Get the Job
Since 1998 we have focused exclusively on helping nurse case managers and related non-clinical nursing professionals find career opportunities that fit their lifestyle and advance their careers.
- We have long-standing relationships with nurse executives at dozens of leading healthcare organizations, ensuring that your accomplishments and skills get noticed by key decision makers.
- We will review your resume to make certain it emphasizes the important skills and experience requirements of the job for which you are applying.
- We will then prepare you for your interview , enabling you to show why you are the best candidate for the job.
- When an offer is extended we will help you negotiate compensation, benefits and any additional employment issues.
Medical Staffing Network Care Management
- 2 years ago - save job