The Registered Nurse Clinical Care Coordinator provides clinical leadership and coordination for patient care consistent with the philosophy and goals of the institution, the Department of Nursing, and Care Management Department.Responsible for developing/managing the patient care transition process: for coordinating, facilitating and assisting patients throughout the episode of care.
- Serves as clinical resource with expertise in musculoskeletal patient care management and serves as liaison regarding services for this patient population
- Oversees the process for clinical pathway development, staff training, and data collection and reporting
- Evaluates data including LOS, cost/reimbursement, quality indicators
- Supervises staff regarding clinical practice and operational standards; ensures staff competencie assists with departmental staff performance process
- Leads and facilitates patient/family/ healthcare team meetings/care conferences.
- Directs clinically complex discharge plans of care: complex wound care, high dollar meds and/or intensive resource utilization
- Educates healthcare team regarding patient plan of care, discharge process and target discharge dates
Please be advised that we are only considering nurses with the following:
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of New York
- Demonstrates ability to develop, guide, motivate, nurture and coach others
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is required
- Three to five years clinical experience, acute medical-surgical preferred, or in the care of the population to be care managed.
- Two or more years in utilization management, discharge planning/case management preferred
- Excellent presentation skills required
- Life Insurance/Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
Pathway Medical Staffing - 10 months ago
Since 1998 Pathway Medical Staffing has placed case managers and non-bedside nurses in great jobs at hundreds of leading healthcare...