The Registered Nurse Disability Case Manager is responsible for facilitating, evaluating and coordinating the delivery of high-quality, timely and cost-effective medical treatment and services as needed by an injured or ill employees of assigned corporate clients throughout the United States
- Initiates telephonic assessment upon notice/referral to Case Management; obtaining medical history and current medical status
- Obtains and reviews actual medical documentation to determine if subjective, objective evidence support disability
- Contacts the treating physician to obtain details regarding the diagnosis, prognosis, treatment plan; assessing reasonableness and appropriateness
- Measures physician estimates for Return to Work (RTW) versus guidelines for disability and duration
- Assesses the employee's understanding of the medical condition and treatment plan.
- Communicates with Worker's Compensation or Disability Insurance Carrier and employer to provide weekly updates regarding disability status, progress and return to pre-injury/illness occupations
- Plans and conducts worksite walk-through for assessment and understanding of all jobs, specific requirements, and essential functions of jobs. Identifies need for functional assessment - ergonomic evaluation of job duties
Please be advised that we are only considering nurses with the following:
- Registered Nurse License in the State of Illinois
- Five or more years' experience in clinical nursing practice, preferably in Occupational Healthcare
- Current knowledge of Worker's Compensation, Disability, Family & Medical Leave Act and OSHA guidelines required
- Familiarity with employer disability/health plans required.
Comprehensive benefits for temporary employees include:
- Life Insurance/Disability
Medical Staffing Network Care Management
- 2 years ago - save job
Since 1998 Pathway Medical Staffing has placed case managers and non-bedside nurses in great jobs at hundreds of leading healthcare...