The Registered Nurse Case Manager plays an essential role in the patient experience by developing and performing an age-specific plan of care for patients from their admission to the hospital, and throughout their hospital stay. In this role, you will facilitate the patient care experience, and develop and document a post discharge plan of care. You will contact insurance companies as needed, and provide information to managed care agencies when additional services are required.
- Assesses the needs of all patient admissions, and checks the status of each patient from admission to discharge
- Serves as facilitator and member of health care team
- Identifies all barriers encountered delaying patient discharge, e.g., testing, lab and x-ray results and facilitates same in order to expedite patient discharge
- Communicates with patients, physicians, nurses and social workers to identify patients who may require post discharge services. Attends rounds on patient units to screen patients for ongoing care and services needed after discharge
- Develops and documents a post discharge care plan in conjunction with other members of the health care team based on initial patient assessment
- Identifies an appropriate agency for providing comprehensive patient care based on patient needs and available resources
- Coordinates patient discharge with physician, managed care agency, social work services, patient and family
- Collects data referencing patient's progress and follows up on changes in patient's plan of care
- Contacts insurance company to assess coverage and the need for prior authorization for post-discharge care and advises patients of same
- Provides information to managed care agencies to enable them to provide required services to patients discharged in their care
- Identifies patient/family educational needs and arranges for those needs to be met prior to discharge
- Keeps abreast of developments in the field and serves as a resource to other staff
Please be advised that we are only considering nurses with the following:
- Must be a licensed Registered Nurse in the state of New York
- Must have 2+ years of clinical experience
- Minimum of one year utilization review/discharge planning and case management
- Previous experience in hospital case management and guidelines required
Comprehensive benefits for temporary employees include:
- Life Insurance/Disability
How Pathway Medical Works with You to Get the Job:
Since 1998 we have focused exclusively on helping nurse case managers and related non-bedside nursing professionals find career opportunities that fit their lifestyle and advance their careers.
- We have long-standing relationships with nurse executives at dozens of leading healthcare organizations, ensuring that your accomplishments and skills get noticed by key decision makers .
- We will review your resume to make certain it emphasizes the important skills and experience requirements of the job for which you are applying.
- We will then prepare you for your interview , enabling you to show why you are the best candidate for the job.
- When an offer is extended we will help you negotiate compensation , benefits and any additional employment issues.
Medical Staffing Network Care Management
- 2 years ago - save job
Since 1998 Pathway Medical Staffing has placed case managers and non-bedside nurses in great jobs at hundreds of leading healthcare...