Coordinates total nursing care for patients, participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting. The registered professional nurse assigned to the ER is responsible for providing emergency room services. May be a member of the Medevac Transport Team. The patient population ranges in ages from newborn to geriatric.
A registered nurse with a current Alaska state license.
Must be able to maintain a professional standard of ethics at all times and
observe confidentiality regulations established by BBAHC.
A minimum of two years experience unless newly graduated and able to
attend an Internship program at ANMC.
Knowledge of native culture preferred and cultural sensitivity.
Ability to initiate, coordinate and complete quality monitoring forms and submit reports to appropriate person.
Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span (pediatrics to geriatrics) and possess the ability to access the data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient/family requirement relative to his/her age specific needs and to provide the care needed.
Be able to travel to villages as necessary.
- Management of Inpatient/ER Services
- Demonstrate awareness of cultural differences.
- Acts as charge nurse as assigned. Assigns nursing care to team members in accordance with the patient’s needs and the personnel’s capabilities and qualifications and assigns other duties as needed.
- Initiates and leads team conferences in development of individualized nursing plans of care.
- Participates in orientation of new personnel and performance evaluations of nursing staff.
- Coordinates nursing care of patients when scheduled for therapy or procedures by other departments.
- Participates actively in the improvement of nursing care.
- Accountable for own conduct; promotes good working relationships among staff and other disciplines. Fosters good public relations for Inpatient/ER and BBAHC.
- Assumes responsibility for own personal continuing education and development needs, attends meetings, in-services, and conventions to enrich personal knowledge, growth and skill in providing clinical care of patients.
- Maintains the standard of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures of the hospital and Nursing Department.
- Assesses the patient’s condition and nursing needs; sets goals; plans appropriate nursing actions to meet those goals and the physical, psychological, social and rehabilitative needs of the patient including discharge planning.
- Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding patients to the appropriate person and records these observations accurately and concisely.
- Administers medications and performs treatments to assigned patients.
- Directs, supervises and evaluations nursing care provided to patients.
- Assists providers with special tests and procedures.
- Participates in economical utilization of supplies and ensures that equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Assists team members in giving care to patients, or administers direct care when professional skills and judgment are needed.
- Establishes and maintains communication and utilizes teaching opportunities with patients, family members and staff.
- Assists with and institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments.
- Participates in the maintenance of a clean and safe environment.
- Competently performs as a medevac escort, managing patient care, equipment, supplies and documentation in a concise, systematic and efficient manner.
- Competently performs as the ER nurse providing emergency services.
- Manages telephone triage of patients, families and Health Aides in a competent professional manner.
- Competently provides primary nursing care for assigned group of patients, ranging in age from newborn to geriatrics.
The Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation was formed by Bristol Bay tribes in 1973, which have grown to include 34 village tribes. It began...