The qualified applicant possesses the following:
1. Graduate from an accredited school of registered professional nursing
2. Minimum 1 year nursing experience
3. Successful completion of the general nursing pharmacology exam
4. Current American Heart Association BCLS certification, recertified annually
5. Completion of competency checklists within first 90 days of employment
6. Neonatal Resuscitation certification (within first 90 days of employment)
7. Fetal monitoring review course completed within first 90 days of employment
1. Current RN licensure in the State of Georgia
C. Interpersonal requirements
1. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, has a commitment to customer service.
2. Communicates effectively with all applicable customers and age groups.
The staff RN in Labor and Delivery utilizes the nursing process to provide direct patient care to neonatal, adolescent, and adult patients in the Labor and Delivery unit. Provides assessment and planning for individualized patient care. Communicates with physicians about changes in the patient's clinical condition including: fetal monitoring and results of diagnostic studies. Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Performs general nursing duties in all Women's and Children's Services units with adequate supervision and cross training. Participates in
performance improvement activities.
Floyd Medical Center - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard