The qualified candidate will possess the following:
1. Graduate from an accredited School of Registered Professional Nurses
2. Successful completing of Pharmacology exam
3. BCLS certification required annually
1. Medical/Surgical/Specialty Nursing
a. ACLS certification encouraged
b. Certification in Medical-Surgical Nursing or related specialty encouraged
1. Current registration to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Georgia
D. Interpersonal requirements
1. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, has a commitment to customer service.
2. Communicates effectively with all applicable customers and age groups.
3. Ability to identify problem situations and implement actions of improvement
4. Develop and maintain professional working relationship with physicians and co-workers
The Registered Nurse (RN)is responsible for implementing the nursing process based on knowledge and experience in providing care for patients within the Medlcal-Surgical-Specialty Nursing Services Department. The functions of a Registered Nurse are to collect patient health data, analyze the data, identify expected outcomes individualized to the patient, develop a plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain the expected outcomes, implement the interventions identified in the plan of care, and evaluate the patienfs progress toward attainment of the outcomes, especially as related to discharge planning and education. Effectively interacts with the family and other interdisciplinary team members to maximize efforts and resources needed to ensure quality patient care based on established clinical nursing practice standards. Works cooperatively with the medical staff and other hospital personnel who support the plan of care for addressing the multi-cultural and age appropriate care of adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. The Registered Nurse addresses the patient/family biological, emotional, developmental, psychosocial and educational needs while serving as a clinical resource to physicians, other personnel and management. Supports the organizational vision and mission. As a professional nurse is able to independently perform job functions, contribute to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement activities, and is responsible for self-development.
Floyd Medical Center - 16 months ago