We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to support the goals and objectives of the Well-Being Improvement Center by providing high quality support in an efficient and cost effective manner, while ensuring high quality care. This position is a field based position.
- Communicating with HMSA members and physicians and/or staff
- Face to face contact with members for information sharing, assessment, intervention and behavioral goal setting.
- Identifying educational needs of the participant and facilitate educational opportunities (i.e. mails patient education materials; refer to health plan, if appropriate).
- Developing and facilitating implementation of a care plan addressing the total healthcare needs of the participants.
- Accurately collecting, inputting, and updating data provided by members into our system in a timely manner.
- Exhibiting positive and optimistic behavior in order to motivate members.
- Facilitating communication exchange with primary managing physician and other providers, health plan, and the disease management program team.
- Coordinating with other colleagues to ensure continuity of care for assigned participant panel to avoid gaps in care or call campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
· Must hold a current Hawaii RN license and have at least three years of experience as a RN in a clinical and/or hospital environment. Field based experience is a plus
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
Only local candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position will be contacted for additional screening. For more information and to apply online, please visit our website at
For health insurers, healthy plan members are cheap plan members; that's where Healthways comes in. The health services company...