InGenesis provides healthcare management and staffing solutions to government, education and corporate clients and is one of America’s fastest-growing independent companies.
1. Initiates and maintains compliance with IHSC policies for accreditation.
Brandon Aguilar - (210)366-0033 x264 -
- 2. Provides direct nursing care to detainees.
3. Obtains medical histories on detainees; referring medical problems to the physician, or mid level
4. Evaluates health care needs of detainees and develops nursing care plans to meet those needs.
5. Provides triage and screening of detainees during sick call.
6. Identifies and manages minor illnesses per established nursing protocols and refers other
medical problems to the appropriate medical provider.
7. Provides group and individual health education to detainees.
8. Assists the medical provider with medical appointments by taking the detainees vital signs,
documenting in the chart and assisting as necessary.
9. Ensures the medical providers orders are implemented in a timely manner.
10. Ensures that medications prescribed are administered as ordered. When medication orders are
- KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
1. The incumbent maintains a current nursing license, has a BSN and meets continuing education
requirements for the State(s) licensed in.
2. Must be licensed by a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or
territory of the United States.
3. Maintains current CPR certification.
4. Professional nursing principals, procedures, and techniques to patient care and nursing
5. Medication, administration guidelines, and pharmaceutical agents and their desired and adverse
effects in order to recognize untoward effects and take appropriate corrective measures.
InGenesis - 2 years ago