Unlock your potential behind bars.
Working in correctional healthcare is not a career. It's a calling. It's an opportunity to better your skills in a safe yet demanding environment. In here, your expertise is not confined to a small medical unit like the setup in a larger healthcare organization. You'll apply varied assessment skills and work closely among professionals who have more in common than simply sharing a shift. They share a gift. Come work side-by-side with coworkers who share a sense of purpose. Here at Armor Correctional Health Services, we do our very best to see patients for what they are - patients. Join us.
PRN Registered Nurse - ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE!
- Assess physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients; obtain health history.
- Provide a written assessment of patients upon admission, during confinement, and upon discharge.
- Document and communicate triage decision to appropriate health care provider.
- Develop individual nursing care plan using nursing assessment protocols in consultation with health care providers.
- According to physician orders implement medical care plans to include diagnostic tests, EKGs, etc.
- Administer medications using proper techniques, procedures and approved routes of administration; nutrition and therapeutic diet plans.
- Assist physician in medical or minor surgical procedures as necessary.
- Provide and monitor direct patient care.
- Document nursing encounters utilizing the Problem Oriented Medical Records (POMR) form of charting.
- Maintain accountability of all controlled substances and prescription medications according to federal and state laws, and organizational regulations.
- Coordinate with medial, dental, mental and ancillary personnel as required to ensure continuity of care.
- Follow established policies, procedures, continuous quality improvement and safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
If you're ready to do your life's work you belong in corrections.
- Safe, Secure Workplace
- Health/Dental/Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Personal Days (Paid Time Off)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
Armor Correctional Health Services
- 21 months ago - save job