POSITION TITLE: Registered Professional Nurse
POSITION STATUS: 40 Hours/Week, 52 Weeks/Year
Residential, On Call As Scheduled
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with current NYS license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse. One year experience working as an RPN in an agency or facility for developmentally disabled individuals preferred. Valid NYS driver's license acceptable to Agency insurance standards.
Performs a variety of nursing duties as part of interdisciplinary team member. Works under the direct supervision of Supervising Registered Nurse.
1. Participates in recruitment of nursing staff by interviewing and recommending job applicants.
2. Interviews, supervises and evaluates nursing personnel.
3. Functions as an interdisciplinary team member in the following way:
a. development of Pre-Admission evaluation
b. participation in 30-Day Post-Admission evaluation and formulation of a Health Care Plan
c. responsible for writing, implementing and monitoring nursing Health Care Plan
d. development of Discharge Plan
e. participation in Quarterly Reviews and physicals
f. participation in Annual Re-evaluations
g. the planning and implementation of the training of personnel
h. monthly nursing notes
i. monthly bed safety checks
j. annual risk assessments
k. annual self med evaluations
All reports will be made in writing, and entered in the resident file.
4. Provides direct services to individuals in the areas of nursing and health care.
a. evaluating individuals functional level
b. developing, reviewing, and revising Health Care Plan for all individuals
c. insuring health appraisal procedures, visual acuity
d. review of medications at least monthly
e. attendance at individual's medical appointments when deemed necessary
f. teaching, providing, and coordinating an individual program plan, including activities of daily living, to promote and maintain optimal physical and mental functioning
g. visiting each consumer who is ill to evaluate the individuals immediate physical condition and to make recommendations for medical reference
h. Independently transfers service recipients to and from wheelchair, bathroom facilities, therapy table, bed and any other transfers as required
i. scheduling consumer appointments
5. Provide indirect nursing care services.
a. Participation in planning and implementation of training of direct care personnel in the areas of:
1. detecting signs of illness of dysfunction that warrant medical or nursing intervention
2. first aid in the presence of accident or illness
3. Medication administration
4. overview of the course of MR, developmental disabilities and Blood Borne Pathogens
5. basic skills required to meet the health needs and problems of the clients
b. The documentation of updating of annually required in-service.
c. Direct communication with physicians and other health or medical providers.
d. Participation in the review and completion of incident and accident reports.
e. Review and recommendation of infection control specific to health, nursing, and/or medical policies.
f. maintain medical supplies and medications
6. Monitors and ensures that the dieticians plans are carried out.
7. Participates in Agency in service training program.
8. Performs all other duties assigned by the Director of Residential Services
- 2 years ago - save job