The Short Stay nurse is responsible for the delivery of quality patient care in the Surgical Day Care and other areas of Surgical Services for the safe, efficient and therapeutic delivery of nursing care. Responsible for meeting the standards of nursing practice as set forth by the State, the Joint commission, and facility policies and procedures. Will maintain the knowledge and skills required to perform as a professional Registered Nurse as well as those specific to Surgical Services and the Perioperative setting. Call required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Training & Experience
- Minimum Education: Graduate from an Approved Nursing Program with an ADN; unencumbered OSBN RN license
- Preferred Education: Graduate from an Approved Nursing Program with a BSN; unencumbered OSBN RN license; CAPA certification
- Minimum Experience: One year Pre and Post Perioperative nursing experience (Same Day Care setting)
- Preferred Experience: Two to three years Pre and Post Perioperative nursing experience (Same Day Care setting); CAPA certification
- Required Training: Basic Life Support upon hire; Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support required within 1 year of hire
Silverton Hospital - 7 months ago