A. A.D.N. or B.S.N. from accredited College of Nursing, accompanied by sitting for and passing the NCLEX-RN exam in each state of desired practice. RN is responsible for maintaining the required elements for successful renewal.
C. Pre-Procedure Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization’s emergency operations plan and the role of the surgical services nurse manager in an emergency/disaster situation. RN is designated as the Safety Officer in the clinic.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to OSHA standards to include but not limited to: infection control, risk management, hazardous communications and environmental safety. Demonstrates knowledge of standard precautions, hand hygiene, transmission-based precautions and personal protective equipment. RN is designated as the Infection Control Officer in the clinic.
- Executes and ensures strict HIPAA protocol.
- Enforces policy adherence consistent with AAAHC guidelines to maintain superb quality assurance and quality improvement.
- RN to oversee quality improvement measures according to QI policy.
- Planning, designing, measuring, assessing, improving new or revised processes of patient care and service.
- Facilitate a positive patient outcome, while maintaining a safe environment for personnel, patients and visitors.
- RN must establish and maintain a secure knowledge and understanding of ALL forms, policies and procedures located on the Sono Bello intranet.
- Forms are subject to change and RN must be current on all changes regarding forms located on the Sono Bello intranet. Such forms include but not limited to: Informed Consent, Medical History, Physical Exam, and Medical Clearance.
- RN is designated as the Medical Records specialist and is responsible to ensure that all charts are complete within 30 days.
- RN must be knowledgeable with Sono Bello’s intranet and be well-informed on updated content and materials therein.
- Responsible for the successful completion of initial and annual training requirements.
- RN should attend clinic meetings including staff education, in-services and required staff meetings.
- RN to be responsible to provide many pre- and post-operative visits. RN must demonstrate knowledge on suitability assessment, medical clearance issues, medication history and review, wound assessment including s/s of infection, bleeding, proper healing, etc. RN to recognize the need to elevate care to physician and/or recognize poor surgical outcome (i.e. asymmetry, inadequate fat removal, etc.).
- RN to maintain an honest relationship with each patient and understand the importance of setting proper limits and expectations for anticipated results.
- Remains informed of new products, equipment and techniques for operating room safety and efficiency.
- Remains current with ACLS certification and other associated continuing education, if requested.
- Demonstrates knowledge of nursing process-assessment; intervention; (including pain assessment, reassessment, management and patient/family education regarding pain, etc.).
- Demonstrates strong, accurate decision making capabilities.
- Demonstrates competency in the knowledge of the delivery of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Demonstrates the knowledge of proper identification and reporting of medical/health care errors.
- RN to protect the patient in the event of a medical/health care error and as appropriate assists in medical/health care error resolution.
- RN is responsible to review two random charts per month per QA/QI peer review protocol. There will be two (2) random peer case reviews performed monthly per physician by the RN with appropriate peer review as needed.
- RN is responsible to participate on the QA/QI peer review panel in circumstances where there is an occurrence. Matters include: Quality, Risk, Rules, Regulations and Utilization.
- May be responsible for opening and closing duties.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Provide back-up support for other clinical staff as necessary.
- Responsible, along with the MD, for daily narcotic counts.
- Attend weekly RN conference calls.
- Is responsible for making sure that all required daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance of all equipment, and pregnancy test documentation, gets documented and logged in the Master Log Binder.
- Vela-Shape Treatments as directed.
D. Intra-Procedure Responsibilities: RN to demonstrate thorough knowledge of:
- Ensure that all pre-operative preparations are met. This may include assisting physician where needed, answering last minute patient questions and assisting patient in a timely manner.
- Verifies “Time Out” with the surgical team in the OR-the correct patient, correct surgery and site, documentation present, special equipment/implants present, before incision is made.
- Precise charting and documentation required on all appropriate medical forms.
E. Post-Procedure Responsibilities:
- Operating room attire.
- Comfortable room temperature and climate.
- Fluids and blanket temperature.
- Patient identification noted and charted.
- Position of patient noted and charted.
- Skin preparation and solution noted and charted.
- Operative site clearly marked, noted and charted.
- Instrument, sponge and/or sharps counted.
- Special equipment noted and charted.
- Surgical , Laser and Nitrous times noted and charted.
- Surgeon(s) and assistant(s) noted and charted.
- Verification with the surgical team in the OR, the correct patient, correct surgery and site, documentation present, special equipment/implants present, before incision is made.
- The sterilization process and opening of sterile supplies and setting up procedures.
- Understanding differences between clean, aseptic and sterile techniques and practice accordingly.
- Physiologically monitoring and documenting patient responses, including physical symptoms, behavioral changes, and when appropriate, intake and output.
- Providing support for physician and medical assistant during procedure as necessary.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of surgical and medical instruments including but not limited to: OR table, lights, all suctioning devices and tubing, irrigation, laser, O2 tanks and Banyon Stat kit (AED). Has a thorough knowledge of varied instruments and instrument trays used in the operating room.
- Precise charting and documenting all appropriate medical forms including but not limited to: Surgery Note, Progress Note, medications dispensed or prescribed, patient/family responses and any pertinent information and charting related to patient care.
F. Miscellaneous Post-Procedure Duties:
- Assist, if needed with application of proper post-procedure dressings and garments to patients with patient comfort in mind.
- Provide excellent nursing care to patient and attain strict criteria for discharge.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, and physician's instructions to patients and caregiver(s).
- Discharge patients to caregiver(s).
G. Medication Administration:
- Control patient flow for physicians.
- Confirm that all patient call-backs are performed by physician.
- Return all patient phone messages in a timely manner.
- Meet with post-operative patients to assess treatment area, take pictures, answer suitable questions and refer appropriate questions to physician.
- Schedule follow-up appointments with patients, if applicable.
- Call next day procedure patients to confirm and answer questions and schedule one month post-operative appointment.
- May perform Velashape treatments on patients with appropriate protocol and procedure followed.
H. Department/Environment – RN to locate and/or demonstrate knowledge of:
- Assure that pre-operative prophylactic antibiotic is administered.
- Assure that all drugs off and on the sterile fields are labeled.
- Remain conscientious of Lidocaine amounts administered to patient and chart accordingly. Physician will verify the amounts charted are correct.
- Administer medications per physicians order.
- Appropriately utilize medication dispensing program when available.
II. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to the following):
- Phone system.
- Computer system.
- Fire equipment.
- Exit doors.
- Oxygen valves and shut off.
- Medication refrigerator, temperature log and climate control.
- Emergency (red) outlets and lights.
- Banyan Stat Kit/AED. Also responsible for monthly checks on the Banyan kit. Documenting expiration of drugs and ordering new drugs to replace expired drugs.
- Conducting Monthly Site Safety Inspections
- Department resources including: Policy and Procedure Manual, OSHA and other related safety manuals, fire/emergency management manual, PDR/Drug resource manual and all patient education and teaching aids.
A. Along with the Practice Manager, ensure adequate staffing for number of procedures performed daily.
B. Supervision of medical assistants (including but not limited to the following):
C. Laser Safety (please refer to Laser Safety Policy for a detailed description of duties):
- Orientation and evaluation of all medical assisting staff.
- Correct preparation of instruments, equipment and operating room needed for surgical procedures.
- Cleaning and sterilizing operating room and instruments after a procedure and disposing of contaminated materials in a timely manner.
- Set up of a sterile field for procedures.
- Maintaining appropriate medical supply. Report to Practice Manager when orders are needed.
- Cleaning of Autoclave and replace water on a weekly basis.
- Cleaning of bath warmer on a weekly basis.
- Stocking new supply orders and disposing of boxes.
- Downloading pre-operative and post-operative pictures in a timely manner.
- Overseeing the Assistant if performing Velashape treatments on patients with appropriate protocol and procedure followed.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- RN will demonstrate competence and proficiency in the field of laser safety and perform the duties of Laser Safety Officer. This includes adhering to and maintaining high standards of laser safety in the clinical setting.
- Establishment of appropriate criteria and authorized procedures for all health care personnel working in laser hazard zones.
- Identification of laser hazards and appropriate control measures.
- Education of personnel (i.e. operators and others) regarding assessment and control of hazards. Education programs should be specific to laser systems used and procedures performed in the facility.
- Management and reporting of accidents or incidents related to laser procedures, including action plans to prevent recurrences.
- RN to oversee that all personnel working in laser environments should demonstrate competency commensurate with their responsibilities.
- All people should know where lasers are being used, and access to these areas should be controlled.
- All people in the laser treatment area should be protected from unintentional laser beam exposure.
- All people in the nominal hazard zone should wear appropriate eyewear approved by the Laser Safety Officer.
- Personnel working in the laser environment should avoid exposure to smoke plume generated during laser surgery.
- All people in the laser treatment area should be protected from electrical hazards associated with laser use.
- All people in the laser treatment area should be protected from flammability hazards associated with laser use.
III. SKILLS AND ADDITION TRAINING:
IV. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Must be familiar with MS Office, including Excel.
- Must be ACLS certified and maintained annually.
V. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals and technical journals.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients, caregivers, physicians and staff.
VI. REASONING ABILITY:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
VII. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to problem solve and clarify necessary steps of logic and reasoning in a professional manner. Intellectual acuity is a necessary qualification.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a registered nurse with Sono Bello. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The role of an RN requires using the telephone, computer and other related instruments or devices while communicating with patients, caregivers, physicians and staff.
- While performing the duties of an RN with Sono Bello, specific vision and hearing abilities required by this job include both vision and hearing acuity.
- Employee will sit for several hours each day but will also need mobility and ability to stand and walk for periods of time.
- Employee may need to lift up to 25 pounds on occasion. May require working under stressful conditions due to deadlines and time constraints
Sono Bello - 13 months ago