Position Summary : Under general direction, protects, promotes, and optimizes health and abilities. Prevents illness and injury. Alleviates suffering through the diagnosis and treatment. Advocates for patients and their families. Ensures all actions taken in carrying out responsibilities support patient centered care.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience Required Qualifications :
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse and authorized by the State of Iowa to practice nursing.
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
• Achievement of Baccalaureate degree in nursing within 6 years of hire if hired after January 1, 2014.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers training, or within 90 days of hire and must maintain throughout employment.
• Mandatory Reporter training or within 90 days of hire and must maintain throughout employment.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
• Professional certification in nursing specialty.
Required Knowledge , Skills & Experience :
• Proficient in communication skills.
• Ability to pursue and foster a sense of team and partnership across all disciplines