To conduct prescribed occupational therapy evaluations and treatment programs to optimize function prevent deformity/disability and assist clients in reaching their maximum level of performance and independence. Provides occupational therapy services with a large degree of independence under the supervision/direction of the Director of Occupation and Physical Therapy
· Evaluate clients and administer therapy in accordance with physician’s prescription/referral.
· Establish appropriate treatment goals and objectives based on evaluation results.
· Plan therapy programs to address goals and objectives.
· Utilize appropriate intervention approaches methods and techniques to implement programs.
· Perform on-going assessment and update/change therapy programs as indicated.
· Complete required documentation of client services reports and other requested information in a timely manner.
· Record and submit service delivery charges for services rendered.
· Schedule clients for therapy and make schedule changes as necessary.
· Contribute to departmental decisions projects and function and participate in the interview process for prospective staff.
· Maintain frequent and open communication with supervisor.
· Communicate with medical allied health educational and other appropriate persons regarding clients’ progress needs and concerns.
· Consult or correspond with physicians parents support agencies and others as necessary appropriate or requested.
· Participate in client oriented team meetings staff conferences and other appropriate meetings.
· Provide outpatient evaluations and treatments as requested.
· Present inservices or training sessions as requested.
· Assist in maintaining a neat and organized work area and in maintaining safety and serviceability of equipment.
· Design fabricate and fit adaptive devices such as casts or splints.
· May perform onsite assessments regarding barrier free design and adaptive equipment needs in the home school or workplace.
· Service on special committees as requested.
· Serve as supervising therapist for COTA’s and Rehabilitation Technicians as assigned.
· May be requested to serve as a clinical instructor for affiliating students.
· May be asked to serve as coordinator of Clinical Education Program.
· Perform such other duties as may be assigned or directed.
Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy and an unencumbered license by the State of New Hampshire Board of Registration in Medicine.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard