Responsible for performing all assigned ultrasound exams and vascular studies in a timely manner. Performs procedures according to physician’s orders or per prescription on outpatients. As a member of the care team, the Registered Vascular Technologist is responsible for working collaboratively with other members to ensure safe and accurate delivery of patient care. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
- Performs quality abdominal aorta and carotid ultrasounds, limb arterial dopplers, venous ultrasounds and ABI/segmental pressures utilizing 2-D, 3-D, Colorflow, pulsed- and continuous-wave Doppler.
- Evaluates each test and provides physicians, when necessary, with preliminary reports.
- Exercises personal judgment regarding when to notify physicians of a test result immediately.
- Orders and stocks all supplies, anticipating future needs (i.e., gel bottles, gowns, tapes).
- Attends to weekly duties as designated.
- Ensures completed studies are available to the Cardiologist or appropriate physician.
- Maintains all equipment used.
- Maintains accurate logs of all studies performed.
- May cross train with other clinic positions as certification requirements allow.
- May travel to satellite clinics.
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.
- Education: Associate of Science degree in vascular technology or ultrasonography required. Bachelor degree in related major, particularly vascular technology, preferred.
- Licensure/ Certification: Registry-eligible required. Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) preferred or required within one (1) year of employment. Current BLS certification within 90 days of employment or placement in position required.
- Experience : None required. Minimum of one year in non-invasive vascular technology preferred. Experience in endovenous laser treatment preferred.
Arkansas Heart Hospital - 14 months ago