The Registrar manages student enrollment, academic records, degree audits, student registration, document retention, as well as the generation of regular and ad-hoc reports. The Registrar is responsible for the administrative and operational activities of the Registrar's Office including organizational planning, assessment, budget development, and supervision and training. The Registrar ensures the integrity and confidentiality of academic records, maintaining compliance with FERPA and federal enrollment reporting, provides quality control assurance of student records, and oversees major academic processes, and reporting.
Position available June 1, 2013
The office functions include: maintenance of permanent academic records, processing academic transactions; maintain program and course information and degree audit system; issuance of grade reports and transcripts; course scheduling and registration; processing academic transactions; compliance with campus, state, and federal policy and reporting, including certification of enrollment. The Registrar oversees the work of 12 staff, providing leadership on office planning and development. The Registrar is a key team member on collaborative campus initiatives and reports to the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs.
Major Responsibilities and/or Classes to be taught
--Oversees the initiation, maintenance, storage, and security of all student academic records and systems including the collection of grades, reporting of grades, preparation of grade reports and transcripts, deficiency reports, preparation of an honors list, probation status reports, class ranking, and degree audit.
- Coordinates all operational activities related to student registration, academic records, transcripts, student readmissions and student withdrawals.
--Document academic standing.
--Coordinates evaluation of student transcripts.
--Coordinates the transcript requests, grades and course schedules.
--Works with college personnel to determine eligibility of students for graduation and generation of diplomas.
--Plans, coordinates and supervises all pre-registration and registration for classes.
--Oversees processes related to academic data in Banner and OnBase.
- Coordinates with academic staff the scheduling of classes and final exams including the assignment of classroom space.
- Maintains curricular information including cataloging alterations to, and changes and deletion of, courses and programs.
- Maintains the college academic calendars.
- Responsible for the maintenance of historical student records with responsibilities for accuracy, accountability, security, and appropriate access to all record formats.
Functional and Supervisory Relationships
- Participates in the development and support of academic policies by serving on campus curricular and education policy committees.
- Works closely with institutional research and information technology staff to compile data for various reports such as class size, faculty load, enrollment, and degree certification.
- Serves as the FERPA Officer on campus to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations in regard to student academic records.
- Provides direct supervision of up to six (6) staff and general supervision for the entire office.
- Oversees communication to students, faculty and staff regarding requirements and process of registration.
- Manages planning and assessment activities within the Registrar's Office.
- Manages the office budget.
Reporting to the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs, the Registrar provides general supervision of 12 staff and directly supervises up to 6 staff.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Demonstrated career progression in educational administration
- Experience with student data systems and academic processes such as registration
- Understanding of planning and assessment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Effective leadership and management skills
Job Open Date
- Knowledge of specific computer applications including Banner, DegreeWorks, On-Base, and CMS
- Experience with course scheduling and other Registrar functions
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Application Types Accepted
FACULTY POSITIONS ONLY - How many recommendation letters will be required by the applicant?
State University of New York, Cortland - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -