is responsible for maintaining accurate scholar academic, personal and enrollment records for use by the school and various other institutions. The
primary responsibilities include:
- Enrolling new scholars and obtaining/maintaining a variety of scholar records, such as grades, transcripts, cumulative folders, emergency contact and all general scholar data;
- Entering and maintaining accurate scholar information in databases, including PowerSchool.
- Filing and maintaining all permanent scholar records, ensuring the confidentiality and security of information and enforcing protocol for access to scholar records.
- Processes all withdrawing/transferring records according to policy;
- Assisting in preparing scholar schedules by verifying information and input schedule requests in PowerSchool;
- Preparing scholar grade reports, including issuing progress reports and report cards on scheduled dates;
- Processing and issuing official senior transcripts for college entrance and scholarships, as well as transcripts used for other purposes (i.e. program applications);
- Assisting the Director of College Counselor in preparing for DCPCSB transcript audits, preparing ILPs/MOUS, verifying graduation requirement fulfillment, and verifying and documenting credits earned from previous schools or external programs.
- Assisting in distribution, collection and coordination of testing materials;
- Assisting school administration in coordination of scholar recognition and awards;
- Ensuring compliance with Home Office guidance related to scholar records (i.e. registration documentation, confidentiality of student records, withdrawal procedures, grading, scheduling, summer school, credit recovery, enrollment audit, grade changes).
- Providing information, as requested, in support of the school's regulatory compliance obligations;
- Communicates by phone, fax, and in writing with other schools or outside agencies regarding scholar records;
- Maintains current class and grade lists for enrollment verification;
- Processes information requested by armed services, US Immigration Services, and law enforcement agencies;
- Performs various general and clerical duties and assists office staff as needed and directed by supervisor;
- A passionate commitment to improving public schools and to the Chavez mission.
- Fluency in MS applications, especially Microsoft Excel and Word, basic Web browsers and searches required; familiarity with advanced database packages and/or knowledge of PowerSchool a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, people and teamwork skills.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Projects a cooperative, courteous and helpful attitude toward scholars, staff, parents, and the general public.
- At minimum, a high school diploma and three years of secretarial or clerical experience, preferably in a school setting.
Cesar Chavez Public Charter Schools for Public Policy - 13 months ago