THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION.
The Online Registrar is responsible for the strategic direction and daily operations of registrar functions ensuring regulatory compliance, maintenance of student records, and oversight of the registration process including applicant testing, course scheduling, attendance tracking, student files management, and administration of supporting systems. The Registrar coordinates with other departments to ensure that policies and procedures are followed in order to provide the highest levels of academic integrity and quality customer service.
Document and implement policies regarding scheduling, academic policies, transfer credits, and program administration.
Maintain accurate and timely records for currently enrolled students in CampusVue.
- Data entry on high school graduation, entrance exam scores, transfer credits approved, honors/degrees earned, personal information changes, student status.
- Analyze outside transcripts for transfer credits then document credits accepted
- Follow up and track required student documents.
- Add appropriate documentation to Contact Manager.
- Conduct graduation audits.
- Monitor consistency of CampusVue data
Complete timely and compliant scheduling of students and instructors.
- Work with Academic Dean to create overall schedule plan for in-coming students 3 terms out.
- Stay abreast of curriculum changes and work with Academic Dean on finalizing class offerings.
- Work with Academic Dean to schedule faculty in CampusVue.
- Conduct load leveling.
- Open/close sessions to optimize productivity.
- Develop and input individual schedules for each term and update any changes.
Process incoming and outgoing requests to Academic Department
- Prepare proof of enrollment verification letters for various third parties including insurance carriers and human service agencies
- Respond to outside requests for transcripts and education verification of student body.
- Answer inquiries concerning transcript information including course descriptions, length of program, etc.
- Process requests for duplicate diplomas
Provide support to attaining student outcomes and excellence in customer service.
- Counsel students on curriculum and process schedule changes, e.g. adds/drops.
- Track and ensure student’s progress toward degree attainment.
- Monitor student attendance and process course and enrollment drops due to attendance violations.
- Identify, audit and process all individual graduate files for satisfaction of graduation requirements.
Accurate and timely reporting.
- Ensure completion of end of term and end of semester processes and reporting, e.g. Student Academic Progress, graduation, incompletes.
Maintain faculty records.
Adhere to all FERPA, and other related rules and regulations.
- Review faculty transcripts for appropriate credentials.
- Maintain file for each faculty member that meets all accreditation and licensing requirements.
- Assist Dean of Academic Affairs in determining if candidates meet qualifications to teach.
Hire train and supervise Registrar staff, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience as a Registrar, Associate Academic Dean, Dean, or related position and at least 2 years in an online environment at a career college required. Masters Degree preferred.
- Database management experience required and CampusVue strongly preferred.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization and administrative skills.
- Able to meet deadlines, willing to take initiative , and strong time management skills.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional affiliation with AACRAO (American Association of Collegiate Registrar & Admissions Officers) preferred.
May supervise 3-5 direct reports (i.e., Assistant Registrar, other Registrar support staff)