Job Summary: To register patients for all types of inpatient, outpatient, and emergency services. To order clinical services and schedule patients for outpatient testing.
1. Interview patients and register them into the Meditech computer system in any of the registration areas; Inpatient, Outpatient, or Emergency as needed. This includes telephone or "face-to-face" interviews for all pre-registrations or same day registrations.
2. Explain the meaning of forms requiring signatures to patients and obtain all necessary signatures from patients.
3. Order clinical services, i.e. outpatient diagnostic tests, utilizing the Meditech system.
4. Schedule patients for outpatient testing, i.e. diagnostic radiology, cardiac diagnostics, lab, etc., utilizing the Meditech scheduling system.
1. Evaluates environmental safety and provides environment that is safe based on age and developmental status.
2. PERFORMS OTHER DUTIES AS REQUESTED.
3. Greet and direct patients and visitors; as well as provide general information at the main reception desk, ER/Outpatient/Inpatient reception areas, and/or over the phone.
4. Process and distribute applicable paperwork to nursing units, ancillary areas, Patient Business Services, etc.
5. Communicates with patient, parents, or significant other based on their level of comprehension and understanding.
1. Ability to bend, stoop, reach overhead, and lift items weighing up to 25 pounds.
2. Ability to transport patients via wheelchair as needed.
Education: High School diploma
Experience: Strong communicative and organizational skills. General office experience in Healthcare setting preferred. PC knowledge/experience desired.
When it comes to medical care, you have a lot of options. We know that. And we want you to know that we at Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare...