Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts — a leading Bay Area healthcare educational institution offering an extensive variety of healthcare programs such as Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasound Technology), Radiologic Technology, MRI Technology, Psychiatric Technician, Phlebotomy Technician.
We are currently looking for a temporary full-time with the possibility of permanent/permanent- other position.
The Registrar is responsible for all activities related to student records including file contents, transcripts, attendance records and file audits. The Registrar is responsible for the accuracy of data included in all the items described above and serves as the official record keeper of student records. Maintains and accurately calculates student population numbers and statistics for regulatory bodies and reporting requirements. The Registrar is considered to be both part of the school General Administration and Education departments. The Registrar is directly involved in the scheduling of classes and programs, providing the data necessary for Satisfactory Progress Evaluations, administration and collection of student satisfaction surveys, and other related items and issues.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the transition of a student's admission file to an academic file.
- Audits the Admission folder for complete documentation of entrance requirements.
- Verifies the accuracy and authenticity of the documents collected in the Admission file.
- Approves the student for Admission to the program based upon the admission's file audit.
- Tracks students through academic attendance.
- Ensures Attendance is monitored and tracked and entered into appropriate data system on weekly basis.
- Tracks Student Withdrawals according to school policy.
- Assists in preparing student notifications.
- Tracks Student LOAs according to school polices.
- Prepares Attendance Reports and Grading reports for Satisfactory Progress measurements.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of above in student file.
- Maintains student records, both in hardcopy, electronically and in data system.
- Assists the Education Director and Program Directors with scheduling and recordkeeping activities associated with the curriculum and programs.
- Including preparation of non-classroom items such as overall schedule, accrediting documents, etc.
- Properly and timely completes paperwork necessary to withdrawal procedures according to school policies, including long term file maintenance and record retrieval.
- Properly and timely completes required regulatory reports
- USDOE Reports including IPEDS and Consumer Information
- Accrediting Body reports including the annual report
- State reporting reports
- Assists the FA Director with the completion of the student population numbers in the FISAP;
- Monthly School Start/Stop report and reconciliation.
- Preparation and issuance of Student Transcripts.
- Preparation and issuance of Term Reports to Students
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Customer service skills are highly desirable.
- Must be extremely deatailed oriented.
- Knowledge of computer systems including Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Data management are highly desirable.
- Knowledge of filing systems, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines mandatory.