Positions in this class typically require: fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Advertised Hiring Range
$65,708 to $85,336
Responsible for providing oversight of a student affairs unit or program which may include enrollment, financial aid/grants, retention, admissions, registration, or student employment. Responsibilities include performing professional duties and coordinating administrative activities to include supervision of staff; providing technical direction; resolving complaints/problems; ensuring compliance with regulatory and policy requirements; recommending improvements for service delivery and operating procedures; keeping abreast of current trends and practices; and assessing resource needs. May supervise professional, technical, and/or support staff.
Classification DescriptionList the broad major functions of the position.
1. Develops, implements, and evaluates departmental programs, procedures, strategies and goals; maintains, updates, and ensures procedural compliance for programs.
2. Supervises staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff are trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures, and maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
3. Facilitates, leads, and/or participates in meetings, proceedings, and committees; represents the department at campus meetings and conferences; serves as a liaison between departments, external organizations, the general public, and other agencies.
4. Directs and participates in the preparation of departmental budgets, financial reports, and financial aid/governmental loan budgets; monitors revenues and expenditures.
5. Creates and maintains advertising campaigns, publications, and other department-related materials to promote enrollment and admissions.
6. Identifies and resolves problems in assigned department; ensures consistent application of rules and regulations, and handles complex and high-level student service complaints or issues.
7. Performs research and makes recommendations on strategies, activities, and timelines associated with recruitment, enrollment, admission, and financial aid.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree and five years of progressively responsible professional/technical experience in area assigned, including supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Job Specific Task List
1. Oversee coordination of and process program and course forms; develop and maintain
curriculum, advising and program planning ( CAPP ) or compliance; responsible for the
accuracy, integrity and certification of students for graduation.
2. Identify and resolve problems or provide guidance for issues related to records and
information systems, including CAPP , graduation requirements, grading, self-service
(HACCWeb), registration, etc.; provide leadership and guidance in the Student Module;
oversee and conduct testing on upgrades, new releases, and projects.
3. Lead initiatives and provide guidance in the student module of our information system;
bring technology-based efficiencies in support of enhanced services offered in Records;
4. Ensure, coordinate, and distribute consistent policies and procedures related to Records functions (example: Transcript Evaluation, Graduation Certification, Grading); govern the confidentiality and accuracy of student records.
5. Maintain effective communication and dotted line relationships with Academic Affairs
and campus staff; serve on the Banner Advisory and Academic Technology Subcommittees of the Technology Governance Committee ( TGC ); serve on Strategic Enrollment Management Leadership Team.
6. Assist the Vice-President of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management with
7. Development and oversee the of budget for assigned area.
8. Supervise all Registrar Office staff.
Qualifications: Preferred Experience
- Banner experience preferred.
- Previous community college experience preferred.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Harrisburg Area Community College - 14 months ago