The Registrar is often the first person our patients meet on their arrival to the hospital and is crucial to creating a positive experience. By providing exceptional customer service, the registrar helps the patient feel comfortable and at ease as they accurately collect patient data and obtain all necessary demographic, financial, and clinical information. They articulate billing process information and discuss insurance benefits, cost estimates and identify financial assistance resources if needed. They direct the patient to the care area and identify potential wait times if any. By providing complete and accurate information, the patient stays informed and knows what to expect during their hospital visit. Registrars impact patient’s lives every day and truly make a difference to those they serve.
Entry Rate: $11.54
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: Monday - Friday 10:30am - 6:00pm
- Must have one or more years of customer service experience
- One or more years of negotiation or collection experience within the last three years
- Experience working effectively in time sensitive situations, handle multiple priorities simultaneously, and able to make prompt, responsible decisions
- Experience in keyboarding and computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal relations and communication skills
- Manual Dexterity
- Intermountain Healthcare Patient Access work experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Medical terminology
- Insurance terminology
- One year data entry or clerical experience in a medical office setting within the last three years
- Medical office experience
- Experience working registration for a medical office
After applying, please check your email often. Some positions require assessment testing and notification will be sent to you through email. Once the email notification is sent, you will have 24 hours to complete the assessment. If the assessment is not completed within the allotted time frame, your application may not be considered further.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...