Why work at K¹²?
K¹² is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference. We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K¹² a great place to work.
Summary : The Registrar supports school administrators by processing requests for both new enrollments and withdrawals, maintaining student files and records that are both clerical and academic in nature, performing routine administrative duties and facilitating communications with various stakeholders.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities : The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required; o ther duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
· Requests and tracks receipt of records for newly enrolled students; prepares mass data imports for new students within prescribed time frames;
· Processes student withdrawals; fulfills records requests for withdrawn students within prescribed time frames;
· Processes parent contact and data information changes;
· Maintains K12 and state student-level databases;
· Creates and maintains student cumulative files and other student records; audits for accuracy on at least an annual basis; establishes and maintains secure access to student records;
· Serves as primary point of contact for prospective/newly enrolled/existing families, teachers, staff, and other schools in regards to accessing student information and records;
· Assists in routine administrative duties including: preparing and maintaining transcripts and records release forms; preparing progress reports; preparing state testing (as needed); and preparing school-wide mailings;
· Assists counselors in verifying graduation requirements and credits earned, as applicable;
· Assists with national K12 efforts in training, process enhancement, etc.; facilitates communications between local schools, K12 and school districts as needed.
Minimum Required Qualifications :
· High school diploma or equivalent AND
· One (1) year of related work experience OR
· An equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses : None required.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Professional experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
· Experience using search engines (internet) for research
· Experience using a student information system and/or other type of database
· Detail oriented, able to identify errors in student data and information
· Able to multi-task, get tasks done quickly and accurately
· Customer service oriented
· Flexible, team-player
Preferred Qualifications :
· Associate’s degree
· Experience working in a charter school
· State financial database experience
EOE and Drug-Free Workplace
K12 isn't a missing element from the periodic table, but it could help kids learn the periodic table. The company offers online...