- High school or GED
- Typing 30 wpm required
*DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS POSITION, THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO SUBMIT TO A CREDIT CHECK
A critical aspect of this position is to understand the revenue cycle and the importance of evaluating and securing all appropriate financial resources for patients to maximize reimbursement to the Hospital. The Registrar must have a working knowledge of the managed care environment, third party reimbursement, hospital and community services and hospital and health care policies. Essential to maintaining positive patient account outcomes, the Registrar must be capable of articulating information in a clear and informative manner to patients, guarantors, family members, clinical staff, other hospital personnel and vendors, and physicians and their office staff. Critical to this position is the ability to gather and record all appropriate information that lays the groundwork for the remaining and future fiscal efforts of Mary Washington Healthcare.
This position is responsible for performing all functions within the registration process. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality customer service to patients, co-workers, physicians, and the general public.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Interfaces courteously and effectively with all departmental customers to provide assistance. Must consistently present a positive departmental and organizational image, as well as a commitment to departmental goals, objectives, policies, standards and procedures.
- Performs all routine registration duties in a professional and effective manner.
- Identifies the appropriate patient via EAD or PIDX, performing thorough searches within the Invision/Soarian system to minimize the creation of duplicate medical record numbers. Maintains a rate of
- 80%) of the monthly staff meetings on an annual basis.
- Demonstrates proficiency within emergency registration and a general understanding of the other areas within the department. Assists within other areas when requested.
- Communicates operational activities with Supervisors and Manager on a regular and timely basis.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements within the registration processes.
- Transports patients safely and effectively (as needed) by wheelchair using safety straps, and locks as appropriate. Recognizes equipment or patient problems and brings to attention of nurse, Charge nurse, Manager, or Supervisor.
- Observes patients for comfort, safety, general status while performing transports. Alerts licensed nursing staff of patient problems or concerns. Provides for patient confidentiality, discretion, and diplomacy.
- Adheres to the Mary Washington Healthcare Integrity Program and all organizational standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
**Data is not to be shared or given to anyone unless in the line of daily business; Immediate disciplinary procedures/termination may occur should information be disclosed inappropriately or in violation of both HIPAA regulations and facility bylaws.
- Regular exposure to patient demographic, diagnostic, and billing information.
- Exposure to physician information including physician numbers assigned by governmental agencies and insurance carriers.
- Institute contract information with third party payors.
- Institute financial information.
- High school graduate or equivalent GED required.
- Minimum typing speed of 30 wpm required.
- One to two years Healthcare and registration experience preferred.
- Computer skills relevant to the position required. Lotus Notes preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to interview patient in stressful situations while remaining calm and professional.
- CPAT certification preferred.